You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, December 14, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [4:30 p.m.] CHILL Adventure Park returns to the Queen Mary in Long Beach from December 13 through January 7. Come experience ice bumper cars, ice skating, an Alpine Zip Line and more chill themed activities. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
2. [6 p.m.] One of L.A.’s most magical holiday traditions, LA Zoo Lights returns November 17 through January 7 with thousands upon thousands of LED lights glowing up the zoo. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
3. [6 p.m.] Downtown Art Walk brings art enthusiasts and locals together every second Thursday of each month to take part in gallery tours, shop the art mart and sample nearby food trucks, and experience the overall flavor of the downtown Los Angeles Historic Core.
4. [6:45 p.m.] Master Debater at Lyric Hyperion Theatre.
5. [7:30 p.m.] Head to the Skirball for Whiskey & Appetizers: A Hanukkah Cocktail Party this Thursday. There will be a whiskey connoisseur and perfectly paired appetizers with a cooking demo and Q&A to end the evening.
6. [7:30 p.m.] National Geographic Live returns to the Broad Stage in Santa Monica with Cristina Mittermeier, marine biologist/photographer on December 14-15. Check for discount tickets while supplies last. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
7. [7:30 p.m.] The Hammer Museum continues the The Contenders film series on Tuesday with a screening of The Beguiled.
8. [7:30 p.m.] An Evening with Willem Defoe at LACMA’s Bing Theatre.http://www.lacma.org/event/evening-0
9. [8 p.m.] The 5th annual Los Angeles Krampus Run. The event runs in conjunction with the DTLA Art Walk. An after party will be at The Lash starting at 9 p.m. FREE
10. [various] Free admission at: Japanese American National Museum (from 5 to 8 p.m.), MOCA Grand & MOCA Geffen (from 5 to 8 p.m.), Pasadena Museum of California Art (from 5 to 8 p.m.), Skirball Cultural Center and Long Beach Museum of Art (3 to 8 p.m.) FREE
DEAL OF THE DAY: $18 tix for the 2018 LA Art Show (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.