You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, December 19, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11 a.m.] The Paley Center for Media celebrates the holidays with family-friendly experience PaleyLand. Guests can enjoy daily screenings of classic holiday TV programs, a Candy Cane Forest , arts and crafts, dreidel games, and free hot cocoa. No reservations are required. Open Wednesdays through Sundays till January 6, 2019. FREE
2. [4:35 p.m.] Griffith Observatory offers a Sunset Walk & Talk one evening a month led by a Park Ranger and museum guide. FREE
3. [sundown] Grand Park’s Winter Glow is a free immersive art experience covering 12 acres of Grand Park in Downtown Los Angeles. The art, projection and light displays will illuminate paths and play off of the park’s most iconic elements, including the Arthur J. Will Memorial Fountain. The holiday-inspired event will run nightly from December 1 to 25. FREE
4. [5:30 p.m.] Descanso Gardens’ Enchanted: Forest of Light returns for another installment with a host of interactive displays and nighttime activities from November 18 through January 6, 2019 daily. This seasonal event runs daily. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED(via Goldstar)
5. [6 p.m.] Ya Filthy Animals is a pop-up bar inspired by holiday movies including Bad Santa, A Christmas Story, and, of course, Home Alone. Expect themed drinks, photo booths, movie-themed installations, an outdoor ice rink, falling “snow,” a Christmas tree farm, food trucks and a fire pit. Open now till January 6, 2019 on Wednesdays through Sundays. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
6. [7 p.m.] Stop by Salazar every first and third Wednesday from November to February for a Mezcal Tasting Series with select mezcal brands. You’ll hear the history and culture of each brand and taste different expressions paired with snacks.
7. [7 p.m.] The Super Serious Show is a comedy event produced by CleftClips featuring both established and up-and-coming talent performing an array of stand-up, sketch and musical comedy. Happening at The Virgil.
8. [7:30 p.m.] For The Record presents the world premiere production of Love Actually Live at The Wallis. The musical will bring one of the most beloved holiday movies to life through an all-star cast and 15-piece orchestra. Playing December 4-31. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. [8 p.m.] It’s a Wonderful Life: A Live Radio Play at the Pasadena Playhouse.
10. [8 p.m.] IHEARTCOMIX presents LA GIVES BACK a benefit concert that aims to address Los Angeles’ growing homeless crisis. Together with local record labels, bands, event creators and even Adult Swim the one night event will benefit the Downtown Women’s Center and My Friend’s Place.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $18 tix to the LA Art Show 2019
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar