You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Monday, December 24, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [1 p.m.] Enjoy a special performance of The Nutcracker (Dec. 1 – 24.) by the American Contemporary Ballet on the 18th floor of California Plaza in downtown. After the show, guests are invited by The Fairy for a celebration with live music, champagne, and more.
2. [3 p.m.] Take part in the official L.A. County Holiday Celebration taking place at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion. Featured performers include Infinite Flow dance company, the Los Angeles Chamber Choir, Tres Souls, Citrus Singers, Colburn Concert Choir and the Young Men’s Chorus, The Gay Men’s Chorus of Los Angeles, and much more. FREE
3. [6 p.m.] Sherman Oaks resident Mike Ziemkowski’s elaborate Christmas themed animatronic characters will return once again with Lights on Display a dazzling light show with a playlist of holiday tunes. Free to the public, the 13-minute show runs nightly 6 to 10 p.m. from November 23 through January 1, 2018. FREE
4. [sundown] Grand Park’s Winter Glow is a free immersive art experience covering 12 acres of Grand Park in Downtown Los Angeles. The art, projection and light displays will illuminate paths and play off of the park’s most iconic elements, including the Arthur J. Will Memorial Fountain. The holiday-inspired event will run nightly from December 1 to 25. FREE
5. [8 p.m.] Christmas Eve Ugly Sweater Party at The Craftsman.
6. [8 p.m.] Christmas Eve Ugly Sweater Party at Caña Rum Bar.
7. [9 p.m.] The Argyle will be the spot for MatzoBall an annual Jewish singles networking. Though most attendees are Jewish, more singles of all backgrounds are now showing up for this hugely popular party.
8. [9:30 p.m.] Christmas Eve Party at Melody Bar.
9. [various] What could be more magical than Christmas in Hogsmeade? Guests to Universal Studios Hollywood will experience the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in full “winter” splendor, complete with nightly snowfall and a spectacular light show projected against Hogwarts Castle. Additionally, guests can check out Grinchmas, complete with a 60-foot tree, characters, and live performances. The park is open during Christmas Eve. and Christmas.
10. [various] Here and Now transforms it’s newly opened space into a holiday bar called Blitzen’s from November 28 through December 31. Get transported to the the North Pole and enjoy a snow machine, themed entertainment like Bad Santa and carolers, and seasonal food and drinks.
#DEAL OF THE DAY: $20 tix to the LA Cookie Con
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar