Merry Christmas Los Angeles! We realize most folks will be staying in today and/or spending time with family, therefore today’s list for Tuesday, December 25, 2018, features mostly Christmas day/night eating options. There are also a few ideas/links for where to see Christmas lights sprinkled in. Hope everyone has a terrific holiday, and we’ll be back to the usual list format tomorrow.
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [7 a.m.] On Christmas Day, Best Girl located at Ace Hotel in DTLA will be serving brunch alongside a special holiday menu featuring Oysters Rockefeller; Brandade De Morue with grilled bread, potato, cream; Christmas Cacciucco with shellfish, cod, tomato, garlic-rubbed crostini; Slow Roasted Prime Rib with Yorkshire pudding, fresh horseradish, roasted root vegetables, pan gravy; Gingerbread Trifle with rum pastry cream, winter fruit compote and more. Service runs 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
2. [11 a.m.] Culina will host a holiday pavilion at the Four Seasons Hotel Los Angeles in Beverly Hills on Christmas Day. The buffet style brunch will feature bottomless mimosas, live music, multiple food stations and a special addition of Christmas in Chinatown (after 3 p.m.) that includes peking duck, beef noodle soup and more. A special Children’s Buffet ($69 per child ages 5 to 12 years) will also be available for the little ones. The regular buffet cost $135.00 per adult. Buffet service is available 11 am to 6 p.m.
3. [noon] There’s an all day Christmas buffet happening at Dekkadance inside the InterContinental Los Angeles Downtown. Highlights include an elk roast, a fondue bar, mac n’ cheese station and more. The meal will also include bottomless sparkling rosé or mimosas. The buffet is available noon to 6 p.m. A holiday a la carte menu will be offered after 6 p.m. with the last seating at 9 p.m.
4. [3 p.m.] DTLA’s Hotel Figueroa will serve a “Christmas Feast” inspired by the Dr. Seuss classic ‘The Grinch Who Stole Christmas,’ at Veranda. Guests will dine on ‘Roast Beast’/Roast Rib Beef and Whole Roast Duck; ‘Who Hash’/Roasted Root Vegetables; ‘Red Fish, Blue Fish’/Whole Roasted Red Snapper and Blue Nose Bass with red and green mojos; Chicories – Hazelnuts with crushed pomegranate vinaigrette; Potato Purée; and ‘Stolen Christmas Pie.’ Reservations are available from 3 to 8 p.m. on Christmas Day at $55 per person.
5. [4 p.m.] Viale dei Romani located at La Peer Hotel in West Hollywood’s Design District will offer a three course Christmas dinner. The prefix menu includes amuse-bouches alongside entrées like Gnocchi with chanterelles, chestnuts, nutmeg, parmigiano; Wood Roasted Duck with Calvados gravy; Rotisserie Prime Rib Roast with caramelized cipollini, horseradish, beef jus; World’s Best Robouchon Potatoes and more. All guests will savor a traditional spiced layer cake for dessert. Dinner service is from 4 to 8 p.m. at $75 per person / $45 kids 12 and under.
6. [6 p.m.] Sherman Oaks resident Mike Ziemkowski’s elaborate Christmas themed animatronic characters will return once again with Lights on Display a dazzling light show with a playlist of holiday tunes. Free to the public, the 13-minute show runs nightly 6 to 10 p.m. from November 23 through January 1, 2018. And if Christmas lights are your thing, check out this list for additional ideas for where to see lights on Christmas night in L.A. FREE
7. [sundown] Grand Park’s Winter Glow is a free immersive art experience covering 12 acres of Grand Park in Downtown Los Angeles. The art, projection and light displays will illuminate paths and play off of the park’s most iconic elements, including the Arthur J. Will Memorial Fountain. The holiday-inspired event will run nightly from December 1 to 25. FREE
8. [7 p.m.] On Christmas night there will be a Halal Indo-Chinese dinner taking place at Revolutionario North African Tacos and Halal Restaurant. From 7 to 9 p.m. enjoy Indo-Chinese and Caribbean Chinese cuisine like Schezwan fried basmati rice, Hakka Chow Mein, Orange crack sauce chicken and more.
9. [7:30 p.m.] Sport your comfiest pajamas to Idle Hour on Christmas Eve or Christmas day and they’ll reward you with some free cookies. Christmas day hours are 7:30 p.m. to 2 a.m.
10. [various] What could be more magical than Christmas in Hogsmeade? Guests to Universal Studios Hollywood will experience the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in full “winter” splendor, complete with nightly snowfall and a spectacular light show projected against Hogwarts Castle. Additionally, guests can check out Grinchmas, complete with a 60-foot tree, characters, and live performances. The park is open during Christmas Eve. and Christmas.
#DEAL OF THE DAY: $20 tix to the LA Cookie Con
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar
The Best Things to do in L.A., straight to your inbox! Sign Up For Our Email List And You Receive...
- Two emails a week, Monday AM and Thursday AM.
- Monday: The best of the week ahead. 30+ ideas.
- Thursday: What to do this weekend. 30+ ideas.
- Occasional emails with special offers and messages from promotional parters.
- Optional emails for daily to-dos, travel tips, food recommendations, and deals.Basically, just think of us as your friend making some fun suggestions for what you might like to check out this day or week or month in L.A. Sign-up in the form below to join over 66,000 Angelenos who already subscribe!