You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, December 27, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9:30 a.m.] From Wednesday through Sunday Kidspace Children’s Museum in Pasadena will host Snow Days with real snow, live entertainment, interactive story time, cookie decorating, crafts and a dance party.
2. [11 a.m.] The Paley Center for Media celebrates the holidays with family-friendly experience PaleyLand. Guests can enjoy daily screenings of classic holiday TV programs, a Candy Cane Forest , arts and crafts, dreidel games, and free hot cocoa. No reservations are required. Open Wednesdays through Sundays till January 6, 2019. FREE
3. [11 a.m.] 260LA will host a JOIE, Equipment and Current/Elliott sample sale from December 26 through 30. Shop discounts on women’s fashion samples including apparel and accessories below retail.
4. [4:30 p.m.] Step into a retro-inspired winter wonderland during Miracle at The Everly: Ever Bar happening at The Kimpton Everly Hotel. The Christmas-themed bar open now through December 31 features a candy cane “selfie station,” a 15-foot inflatable Santa Claus, and a dedicated Hanukkah Hut.
5. [6 p.m.] Game Night at Grand Central Market happens every Thursday from 6 to 10 p.m over on the Hill St. Platform.
6. [6 p.m.] Sherman Oaks resident Mike Ziemkowski’s elaborate Christmas themed animatronic characters will return once again with Lights on Display a dazzling light show with a playlist of holiday tunes. Free to the public, the 13-minute show runs nightly 6 to 10 p.m. from November 23 through January 1, 2018. FREE
7. [7:30 p.m.] See Stanley Kubrick’s 2001: A Space Odyssey in 70mm at The Egyptian Theater.
8. [8 p.m.] Erykah Badu plays The Novo.
9. [various] What could be more magical than Christmas in Hogsmeade? Guests to Universal Studios Hollywood will experience the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in full “winter” splendor, complete with nightly snowfall and a spectacular light show projected against Hogwarts Castle. Additionally, guests can check out Grinchmas, complete with a 60-foot tree, characters, and live performances. The park is open during Christmas Eve. and Christmas.
10. [various] Free museum day: Museum of Latin American Art (5 to 9 p.m.), Japanese American National Museum (from 5 to 8 p.m.), MOCA Grand & MOCA Geffen (from 5 to 8 p.m.), Skirball Cultural Center (noon to 5 p.m.) and Long Beach Museum of Art (3 to 8 p.m.)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar