You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, December 31, 2017. May it lead you to New Year’s Eve adventures and a happy start to 2018.
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] Kidspace Noon Years Eve allows kiddos to ring in 2018 at a reasonable hour. The party begins at 10 a.m. and includes a ginormous balloon drop at noon, sparkling cider for toasting, noisemakers, DJ tunes and more.
2. [noon] Angel City Brewery’s 4th Annual New Year’s Eve Celebration
3. [3 p.m.] Big Bar will ring in 2018 ten times! That’s right, the Los Feliz bar is going all out celebrating each timezone on Sunday through special themed cocktails and playlists inspired by each region.
4. [7 p.m.] Minimal Effort is throwing a music fueled party at the historic MacArthur in Downtown Los Angeles.Ring in the New Year with performances by Justin Martin, DJ Tennis, Jimmy Edgar, J.Phlip, DJ Three, Ardalan, Human Resources and more.
5. [7 p.m.] Marina del Rey New Year’s Eve Fireworks & Glow Party at Burton Chase Park will ring in the new year twice! One to celebrate the East Coast at 9 p.m. with a broadcast of the 30-second countdown during the Times Square ball drop followed by a ten-minute fireworks display. Round two will include a count down and another ten-minute fireworks display. FREE
6. [7:30 p.m.] Spend a festive New Year’s Eve at Walt Disney Concert Hall with the musical stylings of Scott Bradlee’s Postmodern Jukebox!
7. [8 p.m.] Grand Park + The Music Center’s 2018 NYE celebration is one of the largest, most festive (and free!) ways to ring in the new year. Just you and a couple thousand of your fellow angelenos counting down the end of 2017 with music, dancing, large-scale art installations, fireworks in one of the city’s best public spaces. FREE
8. [8 p.m.] New Year’s Eve on The Queen Mary with Sir Mix-a-Lot will be accompanied by a casino, fireworks and plenty of dancing, drinks and food. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. [9 p.m.] Prohibition NYE transforms Union Station into the glamorous and roaring 1920s. Guests will enjoy theatrical burlesque, live jazz ensembles, DJ spun tunes, a ball drop and a premium open bar featuring champagne and specialty cocktails.
10. [9 p.m.] The 9th Annual Cleopatra New Year’s Eve Ball happening at Grauman’s Egyptian Theatre’s Courtyard will include two indoor themed venues, open bars all night, light shows and DJs spinning a wide range of music.
MORE: Check out our Huge List of Fun Things to do for New Year’s Eve in L.A.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $29 tix to Into the Woods at the Cupcake Theater (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.