You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for Friday, February 16, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11 a.m.] Jack Daniel’s has been selling its whiskey since 1866 and this weekend they will bring a pop-up shop to Los Angeles for just three days. From February 16-18, the Jack Daniel’s Lynchburg General Store will offer Angelenos a unique assortment of goods, services and events featuring live music and Southern food from Miss Mary Bobo’s, a Lynchburg institution for over a century.
2. [7 p.m.] Delicious Vinyl Presents: Live on Sunset. FREE
2. [7 p.m.] The Chocolate & Art Show Los Angeles returns to The Vortex in DTLA on February 16-17, with chocolate fondue, the work of up-and-coming artists & more.
3. [8 p.m.] See percussionist Antonio Sanchez performs his critically acclaimed score for Birdman at Royce Hall while the film is projected behind him. (DISCOUNTED) via Goldstar
5. [8 p.m] The Groundlings Theatre presents their latest main stage show, Sweet Valley Groundlings performing this Friday. (DISCOUNTED) via Goldstar
6. [10 p.m.] Bootie LA presents a 90’s vs 80’s mashup night at the Echoplex this Friday.
7. [all day] Celebrate the Year of The Dog during a Lunar New Year Celebration at Hsi Lai Temple in Hacienda Heights. The temple will host Chinese traditional cultural performances and the grounds will be decorated with dog decorations. Happening all weekend.
8. [various] The NBA All-star extravaganza is back for another year of fan celebrations, celebrity games and all things basketball. Beginning on February 16, then continuing till February 18, Los Angeles venues including Staples Center and Verizon Up Arena at Los Angeles Convention Center will host a variety of All-Star events, including showcases, games and trainings.
9. [various] Palm Springs Modernism Week continues February 15-25 to celebrate all things midcentury modern including architecture, art, interior landscape design and vintage culture.
10. [various] The Pan African Film Festival (PAFF) continues in Los Angeles from February 8-19. Now in its 26th year, the 12-day festival will showcase over 100 new films and the talented artists who created them.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $6 tix to a Comedy Store Headliner Show
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.