You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, February 2, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] The L.A. Cookie Con & Sweets Show takes place at Anaheim Convention Center February 2-3 and features baking demos and workshops, celebrity chefs and hundreds of samples all day. Check for discounted tickets while supplies last. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
2. [10 a.m.] Rare Books L.A. comes to the Pasadena Convention Center February 1 – 2 to help book lovers discover literary treasures from all over the world. The fair will feature one hundred of the finest specialists in antiquarian books, fine prints, photography, and ephemera from throughout the United States, Europe, and Asia.
3. [11 a.m.] Photo LA. at the Barker Hanger in Santa Monica runs from January 31 to February 3. The event celebrates photography and how it fits within the realm of fine art. Tonight is the opening night benefit for Venice Arts.
4. [1 p.m.] Japanese Food and Culture Association presents the 2019 Japanese Food Expo a day of tastings, entertainment, and workshops.
5. [6:30 p.m.] In honor of Black History Month, Forest Lawn Hollywood Hills will host a free evening of gospel, jazz and blues performances at the Hall of Liberty. FREE
6. [9 p.m.] There’s an 80s Prom Party tonight at The Fonda Theater.
7. [9 p.m.] Spend a night at San Junipero, LA’s first retrowave club night. Dance the night away to 80s-influenced retrowave/synthwave music and take in vibes all inspired by the popular Black Mirror episode.
8. [various] Museum Free-For-All Day put on by SoCal Museums bands together over 40 cultural institutions to offer free admission over the course of one weekend each year. Check the full list to see which museums are free on Saturday and/or Sunday. FREE
9. [various] Dine on specially priced lunch and dinner menus at one of SGV’s best dining destinations through Taste of Alhambra Restaurant happening January 27 through February 2.
10. [various] Angelenos can karaoke their hearts out in the comfort of their very own Sanrio-themed rooms that include private spaces dedicated to Gudetama, Aggretsuko, and Hello Kitty at Energy Karaoke located in Alhambra.
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: Get $10 tix to Ragin Cajun Crawfish Jamboree in Redondo Beach
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar