You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, February 28, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [noon] Celebrate Black History Month at The Paley Center for Media with interactive exhibit, family activities, panels and screenings highlighting historic television moments. Wednesday is the last day to enjoy the exhibit. FREE
2. [4:30 p.m.] Been thinking about giving back to the community? Checkout Burrito Project L.A. a meet-up that preps burritos to be delivered to folks in need. They’ll be prepping this Wednesday.
3. [6 p.m.] Come to the Frogtown Brewery this Wednesday for Beer, Bingo, & Trivia Night.
4. [7 p.m.] Celebrating David Bowie at The Wiltern.
5. [7 p.m.] The Slurring Bee makes its way to The Virgil this Wednesday for a bar spelling bee with a money prize, bee-themed prizes and guaranteed slurring if you choose to participate.
6. [7:30 p.m.] Take a Gin Crafting Class at Greenbar Distillery this Wednesday. Taste a flight of six gins while learning about the history, then guests will learn how to craft their own gin while enjoying gin cocktails.
7. [7:30 p.m.] An Evening of Latin Jazz at The Edison.
8. [8 p.m.] Real Estate at the Theatre at Ace Hotel.
9. [all day] Dub Club at Echoplex.
10. [various] Dine Out Long Beach Restaurant Week 2.0 will host specially priced prix fixe lunches and dinners at some of the city’s best restaurants. From February 25 through March 3. To launch this seven-day culinary event, there will be a free Chef’s Cooking and Tasting Kick-Off on February 24 from noon to 4 p.m. at Friedmans Home Experience. Stella Artois will be hand to offer complimentary beer samples, while Blue Marble Cocktails will offer some pours of their own.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $18 tix to the Original Renaissance Pleasure Faire
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.