You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for Thursday, February 8, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [12:30 p.m.] There’s a free mindful awareness meditation going on at the Hammer. Participants are welcome to stay for the entire 30-minute session or leave when they choose. FREE
2. [6 p.m.] Downtown Art Walk brings art enthusiasts and locals together every second Thursday of each month to take part in gallery tours, shop the art mart and sample nearby food trucks, and experience the overall flavor of the downtown Los Angeles Historic Core.
3. [7 p.m.] Nerd Nite Los Angeles at Busby’s East.
4. [7 p.m.] L.A. native Lesley Telléz will head to LA Plaza de Cultura y Artes to share her insights and dishes from her cookbook, Eat Mexico: Recipes from Mexico City’s Streets, Markets and Fondas this Thursday.
5. [7:30 p.m.] Laemmle NoHo 7 and Eat|See|Hear return with Throwback Thursdays. This week they’ll screen The Big Lebowski. (DISCOUNTED) via Goldstar
6. [7:30 p.m.] Equality California, the nation’s largest statewide LGBTQ civil rights organization will join forces with the LA Opera for Night OUT at the Opera. Guests will be treated to a production of Leonard Bernstein’s CANDIDE, followed by a post-performance party with complimentary wine and hors d’oeuvres and special performances. Get 20% off your ticket and receive admission to the post-show party with promo code: EQCA
7. [8 p.m.] There’s a one-man, family-friendly adaptation of Charles Dickens Great Expectations at The Wallisin Beverly Hills. Performances will run February 8-11.
8. [9 p.m.] Tha ‘Licious Party at The Virgil. FREE (before 10 p.m.)
9. [various] The Pan African Film Festival (PAFF) returns to Los Angeles February 8-19. Now in its 26th year, the 12-day festival will showcase over 100 new films and the talented artists who created them.
10. [various] Free admission at: Japanese American National Museum (from 5 to 8 p.m.), MOCA Grand & MOCA Geffen (from 5 to 8 p.m.), Skirball Cultural Center (noon to 5 p.m.) and Long Beach Museum of Art (3 to 8 p.m.)
DEAL OF THE DAY: Get a FREE distillery tour and tasting at Greenbar Distillery with the promo code LAHEART.
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.