You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, March 11, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [all day] You can score free Coffee Bean at select SoCal locations all day as a gift for Daylight Saving time. The offer is valid until $2000 worth of food/drink is sold.
2. [11 a.m.] There’s a MOCA Community event happening this Sunday with informative panels and meaningful performances focused on creating a discussion around the L.A. homelessness crisis. Community partners for this event include My Friend’s Place, Midnight Mission, Downtown Women’s Center, Skid Row Housing Trust, OBEY GIANT, MADWORKSHOP, and KCRW. FREE
3. [noon] Hudson House turns nine on Sunday and they’re throwing a fiesta from noon to 5 p.m. The Redondo Beach gastropub will have live mariachis, a taco and elote station, cold craft beers from the Stone Hop Wagon, a Michelada bar, and Corralejo Tequila and Sombra Mezcal cocktails.
4. [noon] The 44th Annual Redondo Beach Kite Festival returns to the Redondo Beach Pier on Sunday for an all-ages free afternoon of kite-flying and fun. FREE
5. [noon] Boomtown Brewery will be hosting a Spring Forward Family Fest event fun for all ages. Adults can kick back and enjoy Boomtown’s unfiltered, full flavored beers while children get their face painted, play in a bounce house, do arts and crafts, play games and more.
6. [3 p.m.] King Trivia is hosting a Friends-themed trivia night at Angel City Brewery this Sunday.
7. [5 p.m.] The 2018 LA COCHON555 heads to Santa Monica this Sunday for a three-hour culinary experience of all things pork. Taking place at The Viceroy, this delicious nationwide culinary tour will feature 100+ prominent chefs, farmers, sommeliers, distillers, brewers and barkeeps. Check for discounted ticketsbefore making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
8. [8 p.m.] There’s a taping of the podcast Two Truths and a Lie! featuring three real people sharing their personal stories in front of a live audience. The best part? It’s up to the audience to identify which one is the liar! FREE
9. [various] All-Star Chef Classic at L.A. Live in DTLA, from March 7-10, will feature dinners made by top chefs like Ludo Lefebvre, Michael Voltaggo, Jose Andres, Nyesha Arrington and Jose Garces. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
10. [various] FirstGlance Film Fest Los Angeles 18 happening March 8-11 will screen over 40 award winning indie films from across the globe at the Laemmle NOHO 7.
DEAL OF THE DAY: You can enter to win the ultimate DTLA Staycation via Greenbar Distillery just by Instramming one photo. Get details here!
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.