You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, April 13, 2017.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [2 & 8 p.m.] Join acclaimed African American Jewish food writer and culinary historian Michael W. Twitty for an afternoon of learning during the Kosher/Soul program at the Skirball Cultural Center.
2. [6 p.m.] The monthly Los Angeles Downtown Art Walk will be part of World Art Day. The evening of hosted projects will include exhibitions, pop-ups, artist talks, performances and site-specific installations in both private and public spaces. FREE
3. [6 p.m.] NHMLA & Angel City Brewery want to answer the question, “Can citizen science save the world?” A look at projects with a global reach and impact—from civic science and online crowd-sourcing to international citizen science fly research. FREE
4. [6 p.m.] Odd Nights heads to One Santa Fe in the DTLA Arts District for their signature outdoors shopping experience. There will also be a designated kids area, live music and a full bar. FREE
5. [7 p.m.] Nerd Nite Los Angeles at Busby’s East.
6. [7:30 p.m.] Throwback Thursdays at NoHo cinema screens The Natural this week. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
7. [7:30 p.m.] American Cinematheque screening of Whatever Happened to Baby Jane? at the Egyptian Theatre. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
8. [8 p.m.] DTLA Art Walk Music: Clinton and the Revelators at The Last Bookstore.
9. [various] Free admission days this Thursday for: Japanese American National Museum (from 5 to 8 p.m.), MOCA Grand & MOCA Geffen (from 5 to 8 p.m.), Skirball Cultural Center and Long Beach Museum of Art (3 to 8 p.m.)
10. [various] Check out The Portals Project at Grand Park. FREE
DEAL OF THE DAY: $50 tix to the 12th annual LAWineFest (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.