You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, April 21, 2017.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [8 a.m.] Splendid, Ella Moss and 7 for All Mankind are joining forces with one epic warehouse sale happening in Vernon for one day only. Prices start at $5, we’ve been told this is the biggest sale yet! Shop from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Location: 5500 South Boyle Ave, 1st Floor Vernon, CA 90058
2. [11 a.m.] The Los Angeles Master Chorale is hosting the 28th annual High School Choir Fest. Free performances will take place at the iconic Walt Disney Concert Hall in downtown L.A. The day begins at 11 a.m., with a concert from 16 members of the Los Angeles Master Chorale Chamber Ensemble, led by conductor Jenny Wong. FREE
3. [6 p.m.] The Great Horror Movie Nights at the Old Zoo in Griffith Park will screen Texas Chainsaw Massacre. The event will feature plenty of pre-show entertainment including games, prizes, and roaming scare-actors.
4. [6 p.m.] Odd Nights heads to The Autry for their signature outdoors shopping experience. There will also be loads of shopping, live music and a full bar.
5. [7 p.m.] ‘Sprung on Spring’, the annual neighborhood party at Big Bar in Los Feliz.
6. [7:30 p.m.] Every Friday in April Greenbar Distillery in Downtown Los Angeles will host cocktail classes featuring seasonal and themed drinks. This week’s theme is Seasonal Produce Cocktails (Gin x Whiskey).
7. [8:30 p.m.] Metro Art Presents “Charles Phoenix: Southern Californialand” a slide show adventure exploring SoCal’s undiscovered valued mid-century architectural gems from the past and the present. FREE
8. [10 p.m.] Interactive light and shadow installation THE WOODS invites viewers into a knee-high forest of twigs as moving lights automatically illuminate their path. The immersive installation only admits two people at a time and will run Thursday through Sunday. FREE
9. [various] The 1st Annual L.A. Get Down Festival will celebrate hip hop and spoken word from April 18-30. Presented by Greenway Arts Alliance and Da Poetry Lounge the events will include legendary writers, poets, musical performances and leading workshops celebrating diversity.
10. [various] Grand Park is hosting a site specific installation called The Portals Project, an immersive experience where Angelenos get to connect and communicate to people around the global in real time from Amman, Berlin, Mexico City and more. Happening April 10-23. FREE
DEAL OF THE DAY: $22.50 to see Steve Miller Band With Peter Frampton at The Greek (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.