You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, April 26, 2017.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [12:15 p.m.] Lunctime Yoga Retreat at Grand Park. FREE
2. [3 p.m.] 17th Annual Beverly Hills Film Festival begins on April 26 with opening night at the TCL Chinese 6 in Hollywood. Continuing through April 30, the BHFF will feature red carpet premiers, networking events, panel discussions and after parties.
3. [5 p.m.] The 18th annual Taste of the Valley returns to the San Fernando Valley on April 26. This ultimate tasting experiencing of 45+ local restaurants and wine, spirits and beer from over 120 wineries, breweries and local makers.
4. [5:30 p.m.] The Taste of Downtown Glendale returns for with 30+ restaurants, wine and beer on tap, live music and family events to keep the kiddos busy.
5. [8 p.m.] Tales from Tinseltown is a new storytelling show hosted by Megan Hayes (Hunger Games, Sleepy Hollow) and Oscar Sagastume (Multiple Moth Winner, Buzzfeed). Performers share some of Hollywood’s dirty secrets and maybe a few of their own. Tickets cost $5.
6. [7:30 p.m.] The Slurring Bee makes its way to The Virgil this Wednesday for a bar spelling bee where participants pay $5 to compete, take a first Slurring Bee Shot and spell.
7. [7:30 p.m.] The Last Bookstore will host readings from Angle of Reflection, a collection of the work from 10 Los Angeles poets. FREE
8. [8 p.m.] The Groundlings’ The Crazy Uncle Joe Show. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. [various] The 1st Annual L.A. Get Down Festival will celebrate hip hop and spoken word from April 18-30. Presented by Greenway Arts Alliance and Da Poetry Lounge the events will include legendary writers, poets, musical performances and leading workshops celebrating diversity. Happening throughout the week.
10. [various] Save up to 85% off on apparel and more during The Kooples sample sale April 26-30.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $10 for Comedy Store Headliner Shows (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.