You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, April 27, 2017.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [noon] Thursday is opening day for Paul Simon: Words & Music Exhibit at Skirball Cultural Center. Curated by the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, fans can learn about Simon’s life, career, and creative process while perusing various instruments, records, sheet music, photography, costumes, and more on display.
2. [5 p.m.] Redondo Beach’s Springfest returns for four days (April 27-30) of carnival and community fun at Aviation Park. Springfest is a long-standing tradition going for 30 years, it’s a family-friendly event featuring pony rides, a petting zoo, carnival rides for all ages, food trucks, a food court, live entertainment and DJs. FREE
3. [6 p.m.] The L.A. Zoo is celebrating their 50th anniversary with a sustainable wine and dinner series. Each event will include a five-course farm-to-table dinner accompanied by wine from local vineyards. There will also be a zoo walk-through with education and entertainment highlights, along with up-close animal encounters. On April 27 Malibu Wines will be the featured winery and the dinner will take place on the terraces of the L.A. Zoo’s Mahale Mountains.
4. [7 p.m.] Produce Haus opens it’s doors this Thursday with a group exhibition called “WALLS: A Quest for Immersive Space.” The public opening and artists’ reception will take place from 7-10 p.m. and no RSVP is required.
5. [7:30 p.m.] Throwback Thursdays at NoHo cinema screens A League of Their Own this week. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
6. [8 p.m.] The Rockwell Table & Stage presents The Unauthorized Musical Parody of Mean Gurlz. Relive the catty girl-clique “The Plastics” through song and dance. The show has been selling out to great acclaim. Happening Thursday and Friday. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
7. [10 p.m.] Prism DJs and KNEWNOISE presents “Crazy in Love” a Beyonce and Jay Z dance party at Resident DTLA.
8. [various] Free admission days this Thursday for: Japanese American National Museum (from 5 to 8 p.m.), MOCA Grand & MOCA Geffen (from 5 to 8 p.m.), Skirball Cultural Center and Long Beach Museum of Art (3 to 8 p.m.)
9. [various] The 1st Annual L.A. Get Down Festival will celebrate hip hop and spoken word from April 18-30. Presented by Greenway Arts Alliance and Da Poetry Lounge the events will include legendary writers, poets, musical performances and leading workshops celebrating diversity. Happening throughout the week.
10. [various] Save up to 85% off on apparel and more during The Kooples sample sale April 26-30.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $6 tix for the California Strawberry Festival (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.