You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, April 29, 2017.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] The Downtown Burbank Arts Festival will be take over San Fernando Boulevard between Angeleno Avenue and Magnolia Boulevard with a collection of special effects artists, street painters, and more than 100 painters, photographers, and sculptors on display. Takes place both Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Free and open to the public. FREE
2. [10 a.m.] The Jackalope Art Fair, a two-day indie craft fair, is back at Central Park in Pasadena from April 29-30. FREE
3. [11 a.m.] Redondo Beach’s Springfest returns for four days (April 27-30) of carnival and community fun at Aviation Park. Springfest is a long-standing tradition going for 30 years, it’s a family-friendly event featuring pony rides, a petting zoo, carnival rides for all ages, food trucks, a food court, live entertainment and DJs. FREE
4. [11 a.m.] The Brewery ArtWalk returns for its spring edition with works from more than 100 participating resident artists in mediums including video, painting, performance, ceramics, interior, fashion, multi-media and more. Runs both Saturday and Sunday starting at 11 a.m. Free entry and free parking! FREE
5. [11 a.m.] Beach Streets University in Long Beach is an open streets festival chalked full of kids activities, DJs, skate boarding exhibitions, and lots of guests riding on two wheels. FREE
6. [noon] Grab discount tickets to Esotouric’s Raymond Chandler’s Los Angeles Bus Tour, which departs from the Daily Dose Cafe this Saturday at noon. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
7. [1 p.m.] The spring 2017 edition of the Pico Block Party is taking over the 18th Street Arts Center in Santa Monica for a day of salsa music, cultural performances, workshops, food trucks, and even a dance class. Free admission with RSVP. FREE
8. [5:30 p.m.] The City of San Gabriel is hosting a Cinco de Mayo Mercado this Saturday starting at 5:30 p.m. at the Playhouse Plaza off Mission Dr. The free event will include artists, crafters, food trucks, and plenty of live music. FREE
9. [various] The Great L.A. River CleanUp concludes its month-long volunteer effort this Saturday with a focus on portions of the lower LA River. Head out and do your part! FREE
10. [various] The last Saturday in April is Independent Bookstore Day, a one-day national party that takes place at indie bookstores across the country. Check out this handy locator to find out which stores in the L.A. area are participating and what events they are having.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $22.50 to see Rapper Kyle at The Regent (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.