You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Monday, April 29, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [6 p.m.] Players Wanted: Golden Girls – A Themed Game Night at Scum and Villainy Cantina.
2. [6 p.m.] College Night at the Getty Center: Dreaming in Color. The evening includes DJ sets by Kronika accompanied by artist Travis Flournoy’s live projections plus art-marking activities, free food, a cash bar, and tours. FREE
3. [7 p.m.] Bring a little meditation to your Monday at the Eastside/Hollywood Forever Cemetery Sitting Group.
5. [8 p.m.] The Pasadena Playhouse presents a Holocaust Remembrance Reading of THE WALL, based on the novel by John Hersey this Monday.
6. [8 p.m.] FLAX’s Drive-In Theater returns to Tin Flats for another season of double features taking place on the last Monday of every month from April to October. Local artists are selected to screen their work as well as an additional film that inspires them. An informal discussion with the artists follow the screenings. Only eight spots are available for cars, so reserve in advance. No reservation is required for open seating area outside of cars. FREE
7. [8:30 p.m.] Lo Hum April residency at The Echo.
9. [various] Otium will host a collaboration dinner with LA’s Badmaash and Mumbai’s famed Arth restaurant. The trio will create an inventive four-course menu blending Indian flavors into each creation.
10. [various] Pasadena’s One Colorado hosts Happy Hour Week from April 28-May 3 offering live entertainment and specially priced drinks and bites from local restaurants.
GIVEAWAY NOTICE: We’re giving away two tickets to an upcoming performance of Tom Gun LIVE at Catch One, Los Angeles. Entry is as easy as a comment on THIS Instagram post. Check it out!
#SPONSORED DEAL: Get $22.50 tix to the Original Renaissance Pleasure Faire (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar