You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Monday, May 20, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] Museum of Illusions has recently launched a brand new experience. Guests can walk through eye popping 3D exhibits inspired by cartoons, art, current events, pop culture and more. The museum is open daily. Check for discounted tickets before your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
2. [3 p.m.] Stop by Idle Hour from 3-10 p.m. for dollar wings and $5 Elyx Martinis. The martini can only be accessed with a code word to be posted today in the link provided.
3. [7 p.m.] Social Lingo Language Exchange Party at the Cat and Fiddle.
4. [7:30 p.m.] Astronomy on Tap hosted by Caltech Astronomy happens once a month at Der Wolf in Pasadena. Professionals will give informal talks about a variety of topics while enjoying German beers with the public.
5. [7:30 p.m.] There’s a Cosmic Musings Presentation focused on “Understanding our Big, Messy Existence” led by Dr. Paul Sutter. Come find out how our experience here on Earth fits into that grand scheme of things.
6. [8 p.m.] FLAX (French Los Angeles Exchange) Drive-In Theater returns to Tin Flats for another season of double features taking place on the last Monday of every month from April to October. Local artists are selected to screen their work as well as an additional film that inspires them. An informal discussion with the artists follow the screenings. Only eight spots are available for cars, so reserve in advance. No reservation is required for open seating area outside of cars. FREE
7. [8 p.m.] Meet the Grunion with the folks at Cabrillo Marine Aquarium in San Pedro. Learn about these silverly fish during a short program then head over to the beach to observe their interesting mating ritual which brings the small fish onto the shore for a brief moment before the waves take them back into the ocean.
8. [8 p.m.] Comedy Night at Three Weavers Brewing in Inglewood.
10. [various] WE RISE, a free 10 day pop-up festival (May 18-27) will honor Mental Health Awareness Month through artists presentations, creative programming, workshops, activism, panels and more – all focused on supporting a call to action for mental health as a civil right. FREE
#SPONSORED DEAL: $7 tix to the Original Lobster Festival (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar