You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Monday, May 22, 2017.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [8 a.m.] Nordic: A Photographic Essay of Landscapes, Food and People” continues for its only L.A. showing at Union Station’s Historic Waiting Room. This unique exhibition document the origins of Nordic cuisine through the eyes of Mangus Nilsson, a top chef who traveled for two years through Denmark, the Faroe Islands, Finland, Greenland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden, collecting traditional recipes and photographing the region’s landscapes and people. FREE
2. [10 a.m.] Björk Digital is a groundbreaking virtual reality collection of videos, featuring music from Björk’s latest album, Vulnicura, to be shown at Magic Box at The Reef in Downtown L.A. starting on May 19 and running through June 4.
3. [7 & 9 p.m.] Alchemist’s Lab Escape Room at Arqade. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
4. [7:30 p.m.] The Velvet Tom Cabaret Hour at Three Clubs. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
5. [8 p.m.] Come out to Angel City Brewery for a couple of beers and Drinky Draw (8-10 p.m.) where you try your hand at drawing a live model. Cost $20 to participate.
6. [8 p.m.] Architect Frank Lloyd Wright’s gorgeous Hollyhock House will be used as a theater for the very first time when Fefu and Her Friends plays throughout the month of May in honor of the 150th anniversary of the esteemed architect’s birth.
7. [8 p.m.] Every week the the team from Smoke and Mirrors aims to add a little razzle-dazzle to your Monday monotony by showcasing a rotating cast of award-winning magicians from the likes of the Magic Castle, Penn & Teller: Fool Us, America’s Got Talent and more during Magic Mondays at The Santa Monica Playhouse. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
8. [8 p.m.] A new weekly comedy show with Charla Lauriston and Nicole Byer at the Copper Still in Koreatown is about help you get over the Monday blues. Velvet will feature a rotating roster of comics every week! FREE
9. [8:30 p.m.] Morrisey’s 58th Unhappy Birthday Celebration at El Rey Theater.
10. [8:30 p.m.] So, You Do Comedy…? with with Brett Gelman and Janicza Bravo at UCB Sunset.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $9 tix to the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.