You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, May 23, 2017.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [8 a.m.] Nordic: A Photographic Essay of Landscapes, Food and People” continues for its only L.A. showing at Union Station’s Historic Waiting Room. This unique exhibition document the origins of Nordic cuisine through the eyes of Mangus Nilsson, a top chef who traveled for two years through Denmark, the Faroe Islands, Finland, Greenland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden, collecting traditional recipes and photographing the region’s landscapes and people. FREE
2. [10 a.m.] Björk Digital is a groundbreaking virtual reality collection of videos, featuring music from Björk’s latest album, Vulnicura, to be shown at Magic Box at The Reef in Downtown L.A. starting on May 19 and running through June.
3. [5 p.m.] Food Truck Night at The California Heritage Museum takes place every Tuesday with trucks vary from week to week. Guests are welcome to bring blankets and hang out on the lawn of the museum while they dine.
4. [6 p.m.] Matisyahu live at Amoeba Hollywood.
5. [6 p.m.] Opening reception for “70 Years on the Air: KCRW is New as Ever” at the Santa Monica History Museum.
6. [ 7:30 p.m.] How to Start a Revolution at The Hammer. FREE
7. [8 p.m.] The Comic Cure Presents the 2017 Pride Comedy Festival in Los Angeles (May 23-24) Hosted at the Union Nightclub and El Cid, the festival will benefit local LGBTQIA charities while providing non-stop laughs.
8. [8 p.m.] Throwing Darts DJ session at the Ace Hotel Upstairs Bar. FREE
9. [8:30 p.m.] Escape Room LA: The Theatre has you trapped inside a creepy theater haunted by a ghost. The only way out is to uncover clues and puzzles to release the ghost before time runs out. Happening Tuesday and Thursday. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
10. [8:30 p.m.] Harvelle’s Underground Comedy & Burlesque in Long Beach. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
DEAL OF THE DAY: $9 tix to the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.