You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, May 24, 2017.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [8 a.m.] Nordic: A Photographic Essay of Landscapes, Food and People” continues for its only L.A. showing at Union Station’s Historic Waiting Room. This unique exhibition document the origins of Nordic cuisine through the eyes of Mangus Nilsson, a top chef who traveled for two years through Denmark, the Faroe Islands, Finland, Greenland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden, collecting traditional recipes and photographing the region’s landscapes and people. FREE
2. [10 a.m.] Björk Digital is a groundbreaking virtual reality collection of videos, featuring music from Björk’s latest album, Vulnicura, to be shown at Magic Box at The Reef in Downtown L.A. starting on May 19 and running through June.
8. [6 p.m.] Billy Kheel’s Tacos & Beer Felt Workshop at Angel City Brewery.
3. [7 p.m.] The 5th Annual Bartending Competition returns to JW Marriott Los Angeles for the final week of the month-long event series. See who gets crowned the best bartender in L.A. FREE
5. [7:30 p.m.] The Flux screening series at The Hammer. FREE
10. [7:30 p.m.] The Last Bookstore will host a conversation between Pulitzer Prize winner Viet Thanh Nguyen and Charmaine Craig, author of the new novel Miss Burma. Food and drinks will follow a Q&A and book signing. FREE
6. [8 p.m.] The Crazy Uncle Joe Show, one of L.A.’s longest-running long-form improv shows at The Groundlings’ Theater, has discount tickets available for this week’s performance. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
7. [8 p.m.] The Comic Cure Presents the 2017 Pride Comedy Festival in Los Angeles (May 23-24) Hosted at the Union Nightclub and El Cid, the festival will benefit local LGBTQIA charities while providing non-stop laughs.
4. [8 p.m.] Communikate with Kate Berlant at UCB Franklin, with proceeds donated to the Coalition for Humane Immigrant Rights of Los Angeles.
9. [8 p.m.] Grab discount tickets to Jersey Boys at Ahmanson Theatre. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
DEAL OF THE DAY: $2.50 admission to the Long Beach Crawfish Festival (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.