You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, June 10, 2017.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] The Los Angeles Cactus & Succulent Society will host their annual plant festival at the Sepulveda Garden Center June 10-11. FREE
2. [noon] Glassell Bark Community Block Party & Rescue Adoption hosts a day of fun featuring local entertainment, a doggie fashion show, food trucks, free professional family photoshoots, free microchipping, low-cost vaccines, pawdicures, doggie treats and freebies plus more!
3. [10 a.m.] Angelenos can participate in World Oceans Day this weekend at the Cabrillo Marine Aquarium in San Pedro. The event will feature family-oriented activities, including arts and crafts, scavenger hunts, animal stories, a guided beach walk, a close-up look at baby animals and more. FREE
4. [noon] ARTsea Marina del Rey is a full day of pop-up art installations, dance, music, food, beach activities and more. FREE
5. [noon] The 2017 L.A. Pride Festival in West Hollywood Park (June 10-11) is two fun filled days of live music, performances, special gusts, parade floats, activities, dancing and more.
6. [noon] A Design Field Day returns to Helms Bakery District in Culver City this Saturday. Titled This Modern Life: Embracing Life’s Imperfections, the full day of design will feature workshops, book signings, demonstrations, tastings, sweepstakes and a discussion with KCRW’s Design and Architecture host Frances Anderton and guests about the Zumthor LACMA Project. FREE
7. [2 p.m.] LA Food Fest heads to the LA Memorial Coliseum on Saturday, for a summertime tasting event featuring 100+ food vendors, live entertainment and more. Plan to wash down the unlimited servings with six craft cocktail bars, five craft beer gardens, tequila tastings and an iced coffee lounge.
8. [3 p.m.] The 39th Annual Playboy Jazz Festival returns to the Hollywood Bowl (June 10-11) with an impressive line up of guests including Comm on, Miles Mosely & the West Coast Get Down, Corinne Bailey Rae and much more.
9. [7 p.m.] HUSHfest: Sunset Silent Disco returns to the Santa Monica Pier for a night of dueling DJ’s and dancing to a ocean backdrop. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
10. [various] The Los Angeles Design Festival (LADF) comes to Downtown L.A. June 8-11 for the ultimate celebration of this city’s rich design culture.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $25 tix to see Korn at The Forum (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.