You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, July 14, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [4 p.m.] FIGat7th welcomes back Quiet Clubbing Party for another round of dancing and fun – but this time with a twist! Guests are invited to dress like their favorite animal this Friday and dance the night away. The event coincides with the Animal Soul exhibit by artist Jason Hackenwerth where larger-than-life animal balloon sculptures will be displayed throughout the event.
2. [5 p.m.] The Port of Los Angeles Lobster Fest comes to the LA Waterfront in San Pedro from July 14-16 for the world’s largest lobster festival featuring Maine Lobsters.
3. [5 p.m.] Summer Nights in the Garden returns to the Natural History Museum in Downtown Los Angeles for garden-inspired cocktails, music and botanical tours with the NHM garden staff. Guests are welcome to bring a picnic or purchase bites from food trucks, the event is free to attend. FREE
4. [5:30 p.m.] Sip wine perched on a iconic L.A. hill that’s also home to an architectural gem at The Barnsdall Art Park’s annual Wine Tasting Nights. Now in its ninth year, the series feature tastings of boutique artisanal wines, along with food trucks, amazing food pop-ups and this Friday includes music from KCRW DJ Marion Hodges.
5. [6 p.m.] Friday Flights at the Getty is back this year with another round of live interdisciplinary artist performances. Experience epic art, live performances and scenic views at one of L.A.’s most popular museums. FREE
6. [7 p.m.] Westwood Village’s Cinema Under The Stars will host a screening of The Incredibles. Moviegoers are urged to bring lawn chairs, blankets, seat cushions, a picnic and more for their movie enjoyment.
7. [dusk] Pershing Square kicks off their free summer movie screenings this Friday with Edge of Tomorrow. FREE
8. [8:30 p.m.] Celebrate summer while watching movies that rock (i.e. feature great music) during Outdoor Movies at the Skirball. The summer lineup continues with La Bamba. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. [9 p.m.] The Music Center’s Dance DTLA series returns this week with DJ Nights, curated by Monalisa at Grand Park. FREE
10. [various] dineL.A. returns for summer with 15-days of celebrating Los Angeles restaurant culture from July 14 to 28. Angelenos and visitors alike will have the opportunity to enjoy prix-fixe menus from more than 300 of the city’s best eateries for special prices. Checkout our post The Best dineL.A. Menus for Summer 2017 (according to We Like L.A.) use it as a guide to your dineL.A. adventures.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $15 tix for the San Fernando Valley Summer Drive-In screening of Karate Kid (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.