You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, August 1, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [6 p.m.] Liquid Intelligence will take over The Mixing Room from 6-7 p.m. for one hour of a complimentary cocktail. This time it’s the refreshing classic daiquiri. FREE
2. [7 p.m.] Head to the Frogtown Brewery this Wednesday for Trivia Night presented by Geeks Who Drink.
3. [7 p.m.] Back for the 15th year in a row, The Independent Shakespeare Co. presents Shakespeare in the Parkat the Old Zoo in Griffith Park with a free performance of Titus Andronicus Wednesday through Friday. FREE
4. [7 p.m.] Shakespeare By The Sea will once again offer a ten-week program of admission-free performances. The series continues a performance of The Merry Wives of Windsor on Wednesday in Whittier. FREE
5. [7:30 p.m.] See Hershey Felder as Beethoven at the Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts. The one-man shows will depict the iconic composer’s story through music and monologue. Hershey Felder: Beethoven will run from July 26 to August 19. Hershey Felder: Beethoven will run from July 26 to August 19. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
6. [8 p.m.] See comedians recreate The Goonies live onstage while drunk at Black Rabbit Rose in Hollywood.
7. [8 p.m.] Idiots Comedy Show is back at The Clubhouse featuring free beer and comedy (donation based) from Ian Karmel, Allen Strickland Williams, JC Coccoli and more.
8. [8:30 p.m.] Check out some untraditional dance moves when the Music Center’s Moves After Dark returns July 31 and August 1 with performances in unconventional spots throughout Walt Disney Concert Hall. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. [8:30 p.m.] Free Summer Movie Nights at Sweet Rose Creamery in Studio City continues with a screening of Back To The Future. FREE
10. [various] The Summer Playwrights Festival will show 30 plays in eight days from July 29 through Sunday August 5 at the Road on Lankershim in the Historic Lankershim Arts Center in North Hollywood.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $10 tix to the LA County Fair opening weekend (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.