You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, August 13, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] BrunchCon at The Reef in Downtown Los Angeles (August 12-13) is brunching in a convention literally! For its second year the event will roll out a brand-new format that includes six open mimosa bars (along with other brunch cocktails) and one tasting from each vendor with over 50 vendors, you might leave in a food coma. Make sure to use promo code WELIKELA to save $5 on your ticket purchase!
2. [9 a.m.] CatCon 2017 at Pasadena Convention Center on August 12 and 13 is a feline-centric event set up like a “comic-con for cat lovers.”
3. [9 a.m.] CicLAvia returns with a bike, run, walk and skate event in San Pedro and the Wilmington area this Sunday. Enjoy vibrant outdoor public spaces and explore the highlighted area without a car!
4. [noon] Sundance NEXT FEST returns to the Theatre at Ace Hotel (August 10-13) with some of the best up and coming films alongside food, drinks, games and live music in DTLA.
5. [noon] 30th Annual Long Beach Jazz Festival heads to Rainbow Lagoon Park August 11-13 for three sunny days of jazz, food and oceanside fun.
6. [2 p.m.] Enjoy the ballet and a stellar view of Downtown Los Angeles when the American Contemporary Ballet presents MUSIC + DANCE+ LA II a night of dance, views 32 stories up high and more. Happening August 10 to 13.
7. [3 p.m.] Grand Performances presents free musical performances in DTLA. This weekend the series continues with Peter Y la Loba – Lucky Diaz & the Family Jam Band. FREE
8. [4 p.m.] 626 Night Market comes to Santa Anita Park from August 11-13 for the largest Asia-themed night market in the United States. It will feature food, merchandise, crafts, arts, games, music, and entertainment.
9. [7 p.m.] Dress in your best 40’s attire and get ready for a wild night of dancing at The Wiltern during Swingin’ Summer. The event is free to attend, but entry is first-come, first-serve, up to capacity. Tickets can be purchased for $10 to guarantee entry.
10. [various] The 4th Annual Burbank Comedy Festival runs August 13 to 19 and will feature Hal Sparks, Jeff Garlin, Carol Leifer, Kel Mitchell, Mary Lynn Rajskub, Joey Diaz, and many more.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $10 tix to the Taste of Downtown Culver City
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.