You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, August 14, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11 a.m.] The Fields LA, a brand new food hall adjacent to LAFC’s stadium in Exposition Park, opens to the public today.
2. [11 a.m.] British artist Lucy Sparrow has transformed the second floor of the Standard in DTLA into Sparrow Mart a supermarket art wonderland fill with over 31,000 adorable felt-covered food replicas all for sale. Part art installation, store and loads of photo worthy moments, Sparrow Mart open Aug 1-31 (closed on Mondays) is free to attend on a first come first serve basis. FREE
3. [6:30 p.m.] There’s free meditation held by Chan Meditation at Rio San Gabriel Park in Downey this Tuesday. FREE
4. [7 p.m.] Mr. C’s Poolside Cinema is back for the fifth year in a row. From June 5 through August 28 Angelenos can indulge in a luxury outdoor movie experience by the pool with a Cipriani menu, classic movie snacks and mini bottles of Moët & Chandon Champagne . The Breakfasts Club will be screened this week.
5. [ 7:30 p.m.] See Hershey Felder as Beethoven at the Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts. The one-man shows will depict the iconic composer’s story through music and monologue. Hershey Felder: Beethoven will run from July 26 to August 19. Hershey Felder: Beethoven will run from July 26 to August 19. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
6. [8 p.m.] Moonlight Movies on the Beach returns to Alfredo’s Beach Club in Long Beach a a summer of free film screenings on the sand. The series continues Tuesday with a screening of Weird Science at Granada Beach. FREE
7. [8 p.m.] Movie Nights at Tropicana Bar located at The Hollywood Roosevelt hotel will throw Angelenos a movie night series every Tuesday night from 8 to 11 p.m. from June till September 3 by the David Hockney painted Tropicana Pool. Screening this week is Drive.
8. [8:30 p.m.] Hollywood Shorts, a monthly screening program dedicated to showcasing the best of international and American short films takes to the The Zev, a terrace located at The Ford Theatres for an evening of shorts and Q&A with the filmmakers.
9. [9:30 p.m.] The Get Brown, an all-South Asian comedy show, debuts a brand new sketch at The Upright Citizens Brigade’s Franklin location on Tuesday.
10. [various] Free museum days: Los Angeles County Museum of Art (also free for L.A. County residents with valid I.D. after 3:00pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays all month long) and Autry Museum of the American West
DEAL OF THE DAY: $4.50 tix to the Long Beach BBQ Fest Aug. 17-19 (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.