You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, August 16, 2016.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] If you are a college student with a valid ID stop by Rudy’s Barbershop in Studio City from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. and get a free haircut before heading back to school! FREE
2. [10:30 a.m.] Get free Shake Shack burgers in WeHo. FREE
3. [5:30 p.m.] Food truck night at the California Heritage Museum features a big selection of tasty food trucks (5:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.) FREE
6. [7:50 p.m.] Guided Sunset Walk at the Griffith Observatory is a free event lead by a Park Ranger and Museum Guide. Runs 7:50-8:50 p.m. FREE
4. [8 p.m] Sweet Rose Creamery in Studio City is hosting free summer screenings every Tuesday. This week they will screen Stand By Me. FREE
5. [8 p.m.] Moonlight Movies on the Beach screenings take place at Granada Beach in Belmont Shore. This week it’s Toy Story. FREE
7. [8:30 p.m.] Moves After Dark at The Music Center.
8. [various] Free museum days at Descanso Gardens, L.A. Arboretum, and South Coast Botanic Garden.
9. [various] Burbank Comedy Festival.
10. [various] HollyShorts Film Festival.
DEAL OF THE DAY: Save $30 on tickets to see Amy Schumer at The Forum (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.