You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, August 16, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [5 p.m.] Taste of Downtown Culver City: Centennial Grand Finale comes to Downtown Culver City for the ultimate outdoor tasting event. In addition to sampling over 20 restaurants guests will enjoy live music and family fun activities.
2. [6 p.m.] The Parent Trap screens at FLIXatFIG free movie night. FREE
3. [7 p.m.] Shakespeare By The Sea returns with free performances for the summer. This Wednesday they’ll be performing Macbeth at Adventure Park in Whittier. While admission is free encourage donations to help support the play. FREE
4. [7 p.m.] Enjoy some free Shakespeare this summer when the Independent Shakespeare Co. returns for the 8th year in a row with free/donation-based performances at the Old Zoo in Griffith Park. The Two Gentlemen of Verona Wednesday through Sunday.
5. [7:30 p.m.] The Hammer Museum’s new series Shake It Off offers dance themed films all August. This week they will screen Breakin’ on Wednesday.
6. [7:30 p.m.] E.P. & L.P. presents ‘Melrose Rooftop Cinema’ in West Hollywood featuring sweeping city views, modern Asian cuisine and an outdoor movie experience every Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday evening through August 30. The series continues this week, starting with Hidden Figures on Wednesday.
7. [7:30 p.m.] KROQ presents Royal Blood at The Wiltern.
8. [8 p.m.] Jill Scott at the Hollywood Bowl along with The Robert Glasper Experiment.
9. [8 p.m.] Max Cooper at The Regent
10. [various] The 4th Annual Burbank Comedy Festival runs August 13-19 and will feature Hal Sparks, Jeff Garlin, Carol Leifer, Kel Mitchell, Mary Lynn Rajskub, Joey Diaz, and many more.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $20 tix to see OneRepublic, Fitz and the Tantrums & James Arthur at The Forum
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.