You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, September 1, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [noon] The LA County Fair takes over the Fairplex in Pomona from Sep. 1-24 with fair-style foods, live musical performances, carnival-style games, rides, and unique attractions such as an expanded farm section (over five acres) featuring tons of interactive agricultural experiences for guests to enjoy.
2. [noon] Tickets for Yayoi Kusama: Infinity Mirrors at The Broad go on sale TODAY at noon. Here’s the link you’ll want to save for when tickets go live. The exhibition starts on October 21, but tickets are expected to go very fast.
3. [4 p.m.] Vegan Street Fair Nights returns on September 1-2 in North Hollywood at The Federal with local vegan and vegan-friendly restaurants and vendors serving up delicious plant based eats. The party will also feature a laid-back backyard party vibe with a beer garden, live music and over-sized lawn games.
4. [7 p.m.] The Music Center’s Dance DTLA series returns this week with Dance Downtown and theme Salsa at Grand Park. FREE
5. [7 p.m.] There’s an opening reception for Scott Hove’s immersive cake-themed infinity chamber in Chinatown this Friday. The reception is free and guests will get a chance to walkthrough the installation featuring decadent chandelier sculptures and one massive mirrored infinity chamber before it opens to the public for the rest of the month. To gain access to the free reception, the public must RSVP (required) to [email protected] FREE
6. [7:30 p.m.] The Los Angeles Times, The Taste returns to Paramount Studios Sep. 1-3 for five amazing food-centric events with some of L.A.’s best chefs, restaurateurs and mixologists over Labor Day weekend.
7. [7:30 p.m.] The Griffith Observatory hosts a monthly forum where some of the most amazing phenomena in the known universe are explained and discussed. It’s called All Space Considered and it takes place on the first Friday of every month. FREE
8. [8 p.m.] Academy Award-winning composer John Williams returns to the Hollywood Bowl with the LA Philto perform some of his greatest movie scores while corresponding films play on the big screen.
9. [various.] Since its the first Friday of the month check out all the cool events happening around town including block parties and art walks for First Fridays.
10. [various] Free museum days: Norton Simon Museum (5 to 8 p.m.), Pasadena Museum of California Art (noon to 5 p.m.) and Long Beach Museum of Art
DEAL OF THE DAY: $10 tix for a Comedy Store Headliner Show with Dane Cook, Marc Maron, Darrell Hammond, Kevin Nealon & guests
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.