You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, September 10, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [8:30 a.m.] The 71st Annual East Los Angeles Mexican Independence Day Parade & Festival comes to the Mexican Consulate in Downtown Los Angeles for one of the longest-running parades in the country. FREE
2. [10 a.m.] The LA County Fair takes over the Fairplex in Pomona from Sep. 1-24 with fair-style foods, live musical performances, carnival-style games, rides, and unique attractions such as an expanded farm section (over five acres) featuring tons of interactive agricultural experiences for guests to enjoy. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
3. [10 a.m.] The Los Angeles Latino Book and Family Festival comes to the La Plaza de Cultres y Artes for a full day of exhibits, storytelling, author meet-and-greets, workshops, activities, food and much more. FREE
4. [11 a.m.] The Institute of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles (ICA LA), formerly known as the Santa Monica Museum of Art (SMMoA), will open the doors to a new 12,700-foot facility located on the south side of the Arts District in Downtown Los Angeles. ICA LA’s new digs include 7,500-square-feet of exhibition space currently housing three exhibitions on opening day. FREE
5. [noon] Grand Park presents a Beat Swap Meet this Sunday where guests will be able to check out record & vinyl goods alongside live art-making, entertainment and a classic car show. FREE
6. [noon] Willing to drive to the O.C.? The Ohana Festival comes to Doheny State Beach for a three-day music festival with a diverse musical lineup playing right off the shore of the Pacific Ocean in Dana Point. Band include Social Distortion, Eddie Vedder, Jack Johnson, Pixies, TV on the Radio, Fiona Apple and Ray Lamontagne.
7. [noon] Long Beach Original Lobster Festival (Sept. 8-10) will feature fresh Maine lobster, live music, face painting, karaoke, arts & crafts booths, a petting zoo, plus various wine/beer gardens. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
8. [1 p.m.] Head to Manhattan Beach for Pub at the Club a food and libation festival featuring 20+ awesome craft brewers, 10 wineries and 10 delicous restaurants ready to pour and serve you unlimited tastings. Taking place at the Manhattan Beach Badminton Club, 100% of the proceeds will go to benefit the MB Badminton Club’s Junior Foundation.
9. [2 p.m.] There’s a public opening reception for City of Los Angeles Department of Cultural Affairs (DCA) Los Angeles Municipal Art Gallery (LAMAG) titled Condemned To Be Modern. Part of Pacific Standard Time, the exhibit examines modern architecture through the eyes of 21 Latin American contemporary artists. On opening day, there will be a special performance art piece featuring Mayan interdisciplinary artist Crystal Sepulveda set against the backdrop of Frank Lloyd Wright’s Hollyhock House. FREE
10. [8 p.m.] Friendship Buddies is a weekly stand-up comedy show at the Verdugo Bar in Glassell Park. Come hangout in the back patio, enjoy a cocktail, and LOL to outstanding stand-up comedians in Los Angeles. FREE
DEAL OF THE DAY: $30 tix to see Eric Clapton at The Forum
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.