You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, September 15, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] Circles and Circuits opens this Friday at CAAM (California African American Museum) in Downtown Los Angeles’s Exposition Park. The presentation will trace the history of Chinese Caribbean art from the 1930s through the period of the region’s independence movements, showcasing the contributions of artists little known in the Unites States. FREE
2. [noon] The LA County Fair takes over the Fairplex in Pomona from Sep. 1-24 with fair-style foods, live musical performances, carnival-style games, rides, and unique attractions such as an expanded farm section (over five acres) featuring tons of interactive agricultural experiences for guests to enjoy. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
3. [6 p.m.] Odd Nights At The Autry feature a collection of over 200 vendors from 20 gourmet food trucks, a beer garden, custom handmade treasures and live local bands.
4. [6 p.m.] Start the Halloween fun this Friday during Son of Monsterpalooza 2017 Sept. 15-17 happening at the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank.
5. [6 p.m.] Roaring Nights at the LA Zoo concludes their summer series with a themed night of 80s vs. 90’s music.
6. [6:30 p.m.] George Lopez and Cedric the Entertainer will join Yvette Nicole Brown in conversation following a premiere screening of BET series Comedy Get Down at the Paley Center for Media in Los Angeles. Guests will enjoy a pre-screening reception with appetizers and beverages. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
7. [7:30 p.m.] Lost & Found at the Movies: Stories from Latino L.A at the Los Angeles Central Library. FREE
8. [7:30 p.m.] Movie Under The Stars at Malibu Wines will screen 1985 flick Clue. Admission is free but they suggest each party purchase a bottle of wine. Cheers!
9. [various] Los Angeles Anime Film Festival celebrates 100 years of anime films during its three-day event September 15-17 at Regal Cinemas L.A. LIVE.
10. [various] Get a peek into the Fall TV season during the 11th annual PaleyFest Fall TV Previews Sept. 6-16. Located in Beverly Hills The Paley Center for Media will play host to the ten-day festival featuring some of the most anticipated shows both new and old, as well as star-studded panel discussions with series cast and creatives.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $44 tix to the Haunted Hayride at Griffith Park
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.