You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, September 25, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] 260LA will host a Reformation sample sale from Sep. 25-30 at their Beverly Hills location.
2. [2 p.m.] G&B coffee located inside Grand Central Market will host a free coffee cupping demonstration at 2 p.m. led by an experienced barista. FREE
3. [7 p.m.] American astrophysicist, author, and globally recognized science personality, Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson takes the stage of The Wiltern in Koreatown this Tuesday for an insightful conversation about this world and beyond.
4. [7 p.m.] Head to Frogtown’s artist-run space Tin Flats every Monday and Tuesday now until Nov. 27 for a free drive-in movie screening curated with some very special programming. Presented by The French Los Angeles Exchange, this project presents films, performances and exhibitions from artists in the program, as well as a film that echoes their own work. FREE
5. [7 p.m.] Florence and the Machine: The High As Hope Tour 2018 at the Hollywood Bowl.
6. [7 p.m.] Salon Series in the Garden: Urban Ecology at Hauser & Wirth.
7. [7:30 p.m.] The Moth storytelling competition returns to Los Globos with a theme of Extra Mile.
8. [8 p.m.] Movie Nights at Tropicana Bar located at The Hollywood Roosevelt hotel will throw Angelenos a movie night series every Tuesday night from 8 to 11 p.m. from June through September by the David Hockney painted Tropicana Pool. The series closes out this week with a screening of Blade Runner.
9. [8 p.m.] Swim Up Cinema happening at the NoMad Los Angeles rooftop will screen JAWS by the pool and offer “concession stand” service bar drinks (wine + cocktails) and snacks. Doors open at 6 p.m. and the movie starts at 8pm. Admission is free.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $60 tix to Universal Studios Hollywood Horror Nights (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.