You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, September 6, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [noon.] The LA County Fair takes over the Fairplex in Pomona from Sep. 1-24 with fair-style foods, live musical performances, carnival-style games, rides, and unique attractions such as an expanded farm section (over five acres) featuring tons of interactive agricultural experiences for guests to enjoy. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
2. [5 p.m.] Food Truck Frenzy in Highland Park.
3. [6 p.m.] Get a peek into the Fall TV season during the 11th annual PaleyFest Fall TV Previews Sept. 6-16. Located in Beverly Hills The Paley Center for Media will play host to the ten-day festival featuring some of the most anticipated shows both new and old, as well as star-studded panel discussions with series cast and creatives.
4. [7 p.m.] There’s a Full Moon Hike at Franklin Canyon Ranch in Beverly Hills. The moderate hike takes 2.5 hours total and covers a total of 2.8 miles.
5. [7 p.m.] Sound Off Silent Disco nights head to the Sherman Oaks Galleria for a free wireless-headphone dance party featuring two live DJs playing three hours of your favorite, danceable songs. There will also be free food samples from Galleria vendors during the party. FREE
6. [8 p.m.] BBQ joint Horse Thief located at Grand Central Market will screen Back to the Future on their patio this Wednesday. FREE
7. [8 p.m.] The folks at Rooftop Cinema Club are back with two screenings at their rooftop locations. The Big Lebowski at LEVEL in Downtown Los Angeles and Mean Girls at Montalban in Hollywood.
8. [8 p.m.] “Sasquatch” a 4-man sketch comedy group heads to the Comedy Central Stage for a night of “brilliant stupidity you will never forget!” The show is free and will include new sketches, classics, and more. FREE
9. [9:30 p.m.] 1960’s Prom Night at Los Globos.
10. [various] The Burbank International Film Festival heads to AMC Burbank 16 in Downtown Burbank Sept. 6-10 with 180+ feature and short films representing 60 countries. Expect artist tributes, panels, afterparties, red carpet, receptions, and networking opportunities.
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.