Los Angeles provides no limit of things to do, some awesome and some not so awesome. Since time is precious in this fast paced city, we decided to curate a list of things to do in Los Angeles every week end that’ll help you decide how you want to spend your limited supply of attention (not to mention dollars!).
This weekend (Nov. 18 to Nov. 20) includes Great Los Angeles Walk, Snow Los Angeles, Burbank Winter Wine Walk, Arroyo Arts Collective Discovery Tour, a Mariachi Festival and LOTS more to choose from.
Also remember you can always go to our L.A. events calendar page to get an updated rundown of what’s happening around the city.
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind that while we retain complete editorial control of our content, for some of the ticketing options provided we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links.
Friday November 18th, 2016
1. LA Zoo Lights is back! Now in its third year, the after-hours event showcases animal-themed LEDs, lasers, 3D projections, and animated displays throughout the zoo. Be sure to check for discount tickets available on select dates. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
2. Snow Los Angeles has arrived with L.A.’s first-ever snow tubing park which also includes nine acres of winter wonderland featuring an hourly blizzard and a Giant Snowman Forest Light Show!
3. The LA Auto Show is every car enthusiasts dream with close to a thousand cars on display. From Nov. 18-27 experience various car exhibits, model debuts and more at the LA Convention Center.
4. Largest outdoor ice skating rink returns to Pershing Square for its 19th winter run. The 7,200 square-foot Holiday Ice Rink® Pershing Square will be open every day of the holiday season through Jan. 16.
5. The Virus: An Immersive Escape Room Experience happening Friday and Sunday. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
6. Check out Airbnb’s Open LA Festival of Hosting Nov. 17-19 in Downtown LA, and hear talks by hospitality experts, visionaries, and Airbnb leaders.
7. Every Friday of November, Greenbar Distillery in Downtown Los Angeles will host cocktail classes featuring seasonal, holiday and prohibition era drinks. This weeks theme is Autumn Produce Cocktails.
8. Techweek LA kicks of in Los Angeles this Monday and runs through Nov. 18 with events, conferences, and panels at locations throughout Los Angeles.
9. The Alchemist’s Lab is an escape room experience putting you right in the shoes of a junior detective at Scotland Yard in the 19th century. Do you have what it takes to uncover the devious plans of the alchemist? Happening all weekend. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
10. The California Market Center is hosting a holiday charity sample sale and dog adoption fair featuring top brands, food, a free photo booth and more.
11. On Fridays Royce’s Arcade Warehouse hosts ‘Threeplay Fridays’ from 4 to 7 p.m. For $3 you get three hours of unlimited play of games such as Donkey Kong, Street Fighter 2, Ms. Pac-Man, Galaga and many more.
12. The 8th Annual Creative Talent Network (CTN) Animation eXpo (Nov. 18-20) opens its doors to the public for the very first time. Expect top animators, opportunities to purchase unique art work and more.
13. See Doctor Strange in 3D at Hollywood’s El Capitan Theatre all weekend. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
14. Salt & Straw is set to open up a new shop in West Hollywood in 2017. As an introduction to the community, Salt & Straw will host a fundraiser for The Trevor Project this Friday from 7 to 10 p.m. outside the forthcoming shop at 8949 Santa Monica Blvd. Stop by for $1 scoops of ice cream of unique Salt & Straw flavors!
15. ICE at Santa Monica is back! Get into the winter spirit by going ice skating, sip on hot chocolate and listening to festive tunes. Happening now till Jan. 16, 2017.
16. The Latin American Film and Art Festival takes place at the Armer Theater at California State University Northridge Nov. 18 through 21.
17. LACMA’s Film department presents Fuel for Nightmares, a curated film series based on Guillermo del Toro’s favorite films. This week Crimson will be screened.
18. The 12th edition of Cinema Italian Style (Nov. 17-22) showcases some of the most acclaimed Italian movies of the year in a film festival environment.
19. The Norton Simon Museum presents a series of French Film Noirs from the 1950s and ‘60s. This week they will screen Elevator to the Gallows (1958). Doors open at 5 p.m. Films are free with admission. All films are screened with English subtitles.
20. Free admission days this Friday for: Long Beach Museum of Art
Saturday November 19th, 2016
21. The Great Los Angeles Walk returns for the 11th year! This community event will offer a 16-mile route down Pico Boulevard encouraging people to explore L.A. on foot. FREE
22. Quiet Clubbing touches down at Brouwerij West in San Pedro with an all-ages night featuring three live DJs spinning music ranging from Top 40 hits to hip-hop and R&B all night, in addition to food, craft beer and much more. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
23. Beer Fest For Beer Geeks Presents: The Rare Experience a beer festival at Stout Burgers & Beers in Studio City featuring over 20 breweries with diverse offerings from the likes of Deschutes, Logsdon, Allagash, Modern Times, Boulevard, and Green Flash serving up a variety of rare or unique one-offs.
24. Experience the food and culture of East Hollywood’s ethnic neighborhoods through a four hour foodie tour this Saturday. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
25. This Saturday guests can enjoy samples from local wineries and breweries in a walkable stretch of downtown Burbank at the first-ever Burbank Winter Wine Walk.
26. The 7th Annual Nuke the Fridge Con is back with celebrities such as Billy Dee Williams of Star Wars fame and Nichelle Nichols from the original Star Trek! FREE
27. Charles Bukowski’s Los Angeles Bus Tour put on by the folks at Esoteric Bus Adventures will take you to some of the literary giants favorite L.A. haunts, you’ll also see where he lived, worked and drank. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
28. Mustache enthusiasts will flood the streets of Venice Beach during Stouts N Staches Brew Crawl this Saturday to raise awareness for the Movember movement through drinks and food!
29. The 31st Annual Elves’ Faire returns to the Pasadena Waldorf School in Altadena for an afternoon of shopping, crafting, dining, and playing medieval-style contests and games. FREE
30. By The Kids: Free Pop Market at The Reef features local handmade goods such as apparel, jewelry, candles, bath and body items by indie designers and talented, creative kids. FREE
31. Celebrate all things design through DesignerCon’s annual event (Nov. 19-20) showcasing collectible toys and designer goods with urban, underground and pop art inspired themes. Check for Discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
32. The Electric Dusk Drive-In is back at a new location on Fletcher Street at the LACCD Van De Kamp college campus complete with an astroturf outdoor seating area. This weekend they will screen The Terminator. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
33. Anthony Jeselnik, Iliza Shlesinger, Ari Shaffir and some very special guest will be doing stand-up at L.A.’s legendary Comedy Store on the Sunset Strip this Saturday. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
Sunday November 20th, 2016
34. Get up close and personal with 80 artists throughout the Northeast Los Angeles as part of the annual Arroyo Arts Collective Discovery Tour this Sunday.
35. The Family Flicks Film Series at the Hammer Museum screens new and classic family-friendly movies from around the world free! This Sunday they will screen Benji. FREE
36. Head to Rodeo Drive for a free evening of lights and music at the annual Beverly Hills Lighting Celebration. FREE
37. Get ready to dance all day long because the 26th Annual Mariachi Festival returns to Boyle Heights this Sunday at the historic Mariachi Plaza Station. FREE
38. Red Bull Sound Select return for 30 Days in LA, a month-long series of events featuring concert, dance parties, movie nights and more. Tickets are still available on select days check out the line up and schedules here.
39. The NASA’s Pavilion sound experience is now of view at The Huntington Library. A “soundscape” experience that represents the movement of the International Space Station and 19 Earth Science satellites the shell like sculpture emits sounds each interpreting one of the satellites’ missions. Open to the public till Feb. 27, 2017.
40. Free admission days this Sunday for: Craft and Folk Art Museum (pay what you can) and Museum of Latin American Art
Want to get our to-do lists straight to your inbox every week? Sign up for our email program.
Have an upcoming event you’d like suggest for listing? Drop us a line at [email protected]