Los Angeles provides no limit of things to do, some awesome and some not so awesome.
Since time is precious in this fast paced city, we decided to curate a list of things to do in Los Angeles every week end that’ll help you decide how you want to spend your limited supply of attention (not to mention dollars!).
This weekend (Mar. 24 to Mar. 26) includes Sleepless at The Music Center , the Palm Desert Food & Wine Fest, the Pasadena Festival of Tea, Vegan Street Fair, CicLAvia in Venice, and LOTS more to choose from.
Also remember you can always go to our L.A. events calendar page to get an updated rundown of what’s happening around the city.
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind that while we retain complete editorial control of our content, for some of the ticketing options provided we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links.
Friday March 24th, 2017
1. The Music Center’s signature late-night event is back! The spring edition of Sleepless includes large scale oceanic projections, ambient music in the plaza, a virtual reality experience, large scale installations, hand-made origami tutorials, the Founder’s Room dance party, and much more.
2. Head over to the Latin Food Fest at Santa Monica Beach (March 24-25) featuring Latin chefs, restaurants, caterers, wineries, distillers, and purveyors. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
3. Tease, If You Please Burlesque Show staged at Globe Theatre spotlights acts from some of the most creative dancers in the business. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
4. The #1 show in Vegas history comes to L.A. LIVE for a limited engagement. Absinthe, the immersive variety show will feature comedy, burlesque, aerial and acrobatic acts. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
5. Every Friday in March Greenbar Distillery in Downtown Los Angeles will host cocktail classes featuring seasonal and themed drinks. This week’s theme is a City Series on Venice.
6. The Groundlings: The Completely Different Late Show is a hilarious improv show by the cast of the Groundlings’ Main Company. Audience shout suggestions throughout the night for improvisational scenes performed by some of the best in the business. It’s also a testing ground for brand new material for the Groundlings’ main show. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
7. PaleyFest L.A. is back March 17 through 26 with ten-days of panels bringing together actors, producers and directors of some of the most popular shows in the television and streaming content universe.
8. The Alchemist’s Lab is an escape room experience putting you right in the shoes of a junior detective at Scotland Yard in the 19th century. Do you have what it takes to uncover the devious plans of the alchemist? Happening throughout the weekend. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. The 7th annual Palm Desert Food & Wine Festival returns to the desert’s famous El Paseo shopping district for three amazing days (March 24-26) of wining and dining from some of the world’s best chefs and winemakers along with a select group of the United States’ top craft brewers.
10. The Odyssey Theatre Ensemble is having previews this week for a new show titled PUNK ROCK! Mention “WE LIKE LA” when making your reservation, or use promo code: WELIKELA online for free general admission tickets for Wednesday through Friday showings 😉 FREE
11. Second City Tours reveals the dark side of the famed Hollywood Boulevard. The walking tour, led by an informed guide will take you through ghostly crime scenes and spooky landmarks. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
12. The 19th Annual Film Noir Festival at the Egyptian Theatre Hollywood will take place March 24 through April 2 it’s the longest-running film noir festival in Los Angeles. Opening night will screen a double feature of This Gun For Hire and Quite Please, Murder.
13. The Virus: An Immersive Escape Room Experience happening this weekend. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
14. Splendid, Ella Moss and 7 for All Mankind are joining forces with one epic warehouse sale happening in Vernon March 24 through March 25. Prices start at $5, we’ve been told this is the biggest sale yet!
15. Metro Art presents a free performance by Jazz Fusion Trumpeter and Composer Josef Leimberg at the historic Union Station in DTLA. FREE
16. Free admission days this Friday for: Long Beach Museum of Art
Saturday March 25th, 2017
17. La La Land Gallery asked over 30 acclaimed artists (Mark Mothersbaugh, Shepard Fairey, Peter Blake, Gary Baseman) to each create a brand-new work “that elicits nothing but Pure Joy” for the new “For Goodness Sake” group show. See it IRL during the opening reception. FREE
18. Top comics Margaret Cho, Joey Coco Diaz, Tom Green, Michael Rosenbaum and super special guests will be doing stand-up at L.A.’s legendary Comedy Store on the Sunset Strip. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
19. The Ritz-Carlton Spa, Los Angeles will host a “Glow with the Flow” yoga class this Saturday in honor of Earth Hour. The evening class will be illuminated with glow sticks, painted yoga mats, and other glow-in-the dark accessories. Guests are encouraged to dress in white or neon colors so they can ‘glow’ too! Tickets ($30) can be reserved by calling the spa at 213.763.4400.
20. 15th Annual California’s Strongest Man Contest is back at Huntington Beach. Come watch the strongman competition for free 💪🏽 FREE
21. There’s an all day wellness party happening at ROW DTLA this Saturday. Partake in a rooftop yoga session, find your center during meditation, enjoy live music, a electronic sound bath and more!
22. Rhone Rangers are stopping by Los Angeles this Saturday for a rosé seminar and VIP grand tasting experience at Civic Center Studios.
23. The Gabba Gallery presents Seattle artist Ten Hundred’s collection of pop art titled Variegated Visions. Opening night reception is this Saturday from 7 to 11 p.m. with DJ Jonathan Williams spinning tunes and drinks sponsored by Original New York Seltzer. FREE
24. League of Extraordinary Mutts will be hosting an adoption dog event at Malibu Country Mart this Saturday to help lovable dogs find homes. Bonus, there will be a kissing booth with the pups.
Sunday March 26th, 2017
25. The Vegan Street Fair LA, an annual vegan food celebration, comes to North Hollywood on Sunday. For the third year in a row, local vegan and vegan-friendly restaurants and vendors will be handing out a number of plant based eats. This year organizers got rid of admission cost. Guests can purchase samples as they go or opt for the VIP treatment which cost $40.
26. CicLAvia: Culver City Meets Venice returns to Los Angeles this Sunday for a fan-favorite route through Culver City, Mar Vista, and Venice on your alternative set of wheels.
27. Learn about tea from the experts and sample from local tea vendors during the Pasadena Festival of Tea at Storrier Stearns Japanese Garden. Tea presentations will be given in the main house and a limited number of visitors can participate in a traditional Japanese tea ceremony in the garden’s Japanese Niko-an teahouse. Reservations are required and can be made on the garden’s website.
28. Pasadena Heritage Spring Home Tour: Modern Works let’s you explore six examples of great Mid-Century architecture.
29. LA Weekly presents The Essentials at the California Market Center. Sample bites and sips from 50+ of L.A.’s most highly regarded restaurants and wineries. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
30. 1940’s Swing Dancing Night comes to The Wiltern, where you’re bound to have a swell time. Dress to the nines in your best 1940s attire and get ready for an evening of dancing and drinking!
31. Disney’s Beauty and the Beast will screen at the El Capitan Theatre with special pre-show activities including a light show, an all-new Beauty and the Beast overture arranged by Michael Kosarin and costumes, props and sets from the movie. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
32. Tomato fans are invited to Descanso Gardens for TOMATOMANIA! From 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., guests can visit the gardens for workshops, to buy plants, and to take guided tours focused on tomatoes.
33. HM157’s Swell Sunday Swap Meet Social will have vintage, original art, rare records and more for sale. There will also be DJ’s, food and a full bar to boot!
34. AutoCon Los Angeles comes to the L.A. Convention Center on Sunday showcasing the world’s top show vehicles and notable industry brands, all in one space.
35. There’s a Dodgeball Tournament Fundraiser benefiting the ACLU and Planned Parenthood! The co-ed dodgeball fundraiser tournament takes place at Stoner Rec Center and cost $20 to participate. Proceeds will be split evenly to both charities.
36. The bi-monthly Outdoor Antique Market returns to the Santa Monica Airport this Sunday. Happening on the first and fourth Sundays of every month shoppers can find a wide selection of estate jewelry, vintage fashion dealers, vintage art work, home furnishings and loads more. Check for discount admission while supplies last. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
37. Free admission days this Sunday for: Museum of Latin American Art and Craft and Folk Art Museum (pay what you can)
Want to get our to-do lists straight to your inbox every week? Sign up for our email program.
Have an upcoming event you’d like suggest for listing? Drop us a line at [email protected].