You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!†
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, March 24, 2017.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11:30 a.m.] The 7th annual Palm Desert Food & Wine Festival returns to the desert’s famous El Paseo shopping district for three amazing days (March 24-26) of wining and dining from some of the world’s best chefs and winemakers along with a select group of the United States’ top craft brewers.
2. [7:30 p.m.] The 19th Annual Film Noir Festival at the Egyptian Theatre Hollywood will take place March 24 through April 2 it’s the longest-running film noir festival in Los Angeles. Opening night will screen a double feature of This Gun For Hire and Quite Please, Murder.
3. [7:30 & 9:30 p.m.] The #1 show in Vegas history comes to L.A. LIVE for a limited engagement. Absinthe, the immersive variety show will feature comedy, burlesque, aerial and acrobatic acts.
4. [7:30 p.m.] Every Friday in March Greenbar Distillery in Downtown Los Angeles will host cocktail classes featuring seasonal and themed drinks. This week’s theme is a City Series on Venice.
5. [8 p.m.] Solid States opening reception at Coaxial Art Space in DTLA.
6. [8 p.m.] Metro Art presents a free performance by Jazz Fusion Trumpeter and Composer Josef Leimberg at the historic Union Station in DTLA. FREE
7. [10 p.m.] Princess Nokia at Globe Theatre.
8. [11:30 p.m.] The Music Center’s signature late-night event is back! The spring edition of Sleepless includes large scale oceanic projections, ambient music in the plaza, a virtual reality experience, large scale installations, hand-made origami tutorials, the Founder’s Room dance party, and much more.
9. [various] The 4th Annual North Hollywood CineFest starts Friday and will continue through March 30.
10. [various] PaleyFest L.A. is back March 17 through 26 with ten-days of panels bringing together actors, producers and directors of some of the most popular shows in the television and streaming content universe.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $5 to $8 tix for Eat|See|Hear screenings at Los Angeles State Historic Park (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.