As you probably already know we do a twice-weekly rundown of our favorite to-dos and happenings around Los Angeles (pushed out Monday AM and Thursday AM).
However, it occurs to us that sometimes event-seekers just want stuff that’s down-and-dirty, cheap-and-easy.
With that in mind, here are 10 quick, fun ideas for this (holiday) weekend each costing less than $10 that might be good to keep on your radar.
For all prices listed we’ll generally note the true cost including any service fees, as sometimes is the case with our ticket-affiliate partner Goldstar.
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind that while we retain complete editorial control of our content, for some of the ticketing options provided we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links.
10 for $10 or Less
1. [FREE] The Pancakes & Booze Art Show FRIDAY-SATURDAY
2. [$9] The Great Dictator screens at The Aero Theatre. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
3. [FREE] American Civics debuts at Subliminal Projects with an opening reception from 8 to 11 p.m.
4. [FREE] The Odyssey Theatre Ensemble will host free previews for the Koan Unit’s production of “BECKETT 5” five rarely seen, short plays by Samuel Beckett from Jan. 18 to 20 at 8 p.m. The public must call in advance to reserve a seat, and mention WE LIKE LA for this freebie. FRIDAY
5. [FREE] ROTATIONS: Imran Masood at Amoeba Hollywood. FRIDAY
6. [FREE] Women’s March Los Angeles is taking place this Saturday, beginning near Pershing Square at 9 a.m. Good summary here from LAist of what you can expect for the day. Even if you don’t plan on attending, good to be aware of for possible street closures/congestion. SATURDAY
7. [FREE] Vay / Cay at the Ace Hotel Upstairs. SATURDAY
8. [FREE] L&E Oyster Bar is celebrating five years of being one of the most beloved spots in Silver Lake with a paella party this Sunday. SUNDAY
9. [FREE] The Petersen Automotive Museum is hosting a free screening of Goldfinger (1964) on Sunday. SUNDAY
10. [FREE] Free admission days this Sunday for: Museum of Latin American Art and pay what you can at the Craft and Folk Art Museum. SUNDAY
5 MORE Options…
Here are 5 other things to do this weekend that may not be under $10 but still are worth knowing about:
- The Riot LA Comedy Festival FRIDAY-SUNDAY
- Uncorked: L.A. wine fest at Union Station. SATURDAY
- Eagle Rock Brewery’s 7th Anniversary Party SATURDAY
- The Fantastic Santa Monica Race (discounted) SATURDAY (via Goldstar)
- Ladyface Ale Company invitational boutique beer festival. SUNDAY
Make sure to sign-up for our email list so you’re always in the loop regarding happenings around the city.