As you probably already know we do a twice-weekly rundown of our favorite to-dos and happenings around Los Angeles (pushed out Monday AM and Thursday AM).
However, it occurs to us that sometimes event-seekers just want stuff that’s down-and-dirty, cheap-and-easy.
With that in mind, here are 10 quick, fun ideas for this weekend each costing less than $10 that might be good to keep on your radar.
For all prices listed we’ll generally note the true cost including any service fees, as sometimes is the case with our ticket-affiliate partner Goldstar.
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind that while we retain complete editorial control of our content, for some of the ticketing options provided we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links.
10 for $10 or Less
1. [$6] Headliner Shows at The Comedy Store with Margaret Cho, Tom Wilson, Theo Von, and more. SATURDAY (via Goldstar)
4. [FREE] Music Center Holiday Sing-Along. FRIDAY
2. [FREE] Union Station’s south patio will provide some holiday entertainment with “Coco Concerts.” FRIDAY
6. [FREE] Celebrate 120 Years of Griffith Park at a free outdoor fest. FRIDAY
3. [FREE] Grand Performance Holiday Concerts FRIDAY & SUNDAY
5. [FREE] 70th Annual Naples Island Holiday Boat Parade. SATURDAY
7. [FREE] A solo exhibit for famed manga artist Katsuya Terada at Giant Robot. Opening reception is from 6:30 to 10 p.m.
8. [FREE] Holiday Paw-ty at Angel City Brewery. SUNDAY
9. [FREE] Echo Mountain Festival of Lights Hike. SUNDAY
10. [FREE] A Tribute to Leonard Cohen at The Getty. SUNDAY
5 MORE Options…
Here are 5 other things to do this weekend that may not be under $10 but still are worth knowing about:
- Enchanted: Forest of Light at Descanso Gardens. FRIDAY-SUNDAY
- Winter Fest at The O.C. Fairgrounds. FRIDAY-SUNDAY
- Holly Jolly Day at L.A. LIVE. SATURDAY
- An exhibit of Keith Haring car originals is coming to the Peterson Automotive Museum. SATURDAY
- Hanukkah Family Festival at Skirball Cultural Center. SUNDAY
Make sure to sign-up for our email list so you’re always in the loop regarding happenings around the city.