As you probably already know we do a twice-weekly rundown of our favorite to-dos and happenings around Los Angeles (pushed out Monday AM and Thursday AM).
However, it occurs to me that sometimes event-seekers just want stuff that’s down-and-dirty, cheap-and-easy.
With that in mind, here are 10 quick, fun ideas for this weekend each costing less than $10 that might be good to keep on your radar.
For all prices listed we’ll generally note the true cost including any service fees, as sometimes is the case with our ticket-affiliate partner Goldstar.
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Items below listed in order by cost. Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
10 Under $10
1. [$10.00] Picture This! animated comedy show in NoHo. SATURDAY
2. [$9.00] Earth Day at Descanso Gardens. SATURDAY-SUNDAY
3. [$8.50] Wes Anderson’s Fantastic Mr. Fox at the Aero Theater. SUNDAY (via Goldstar)
4. [FREE] Earth Day LA celebration at Grand Park. FRIDAY
5. [FREE] Chico Mann DJ set at Amoeba Hollywood. FRIDAY
6. [FREE] Free Pocky truck comes to Los Angeles! FRIDAY-SUNDAY
7. [FREE] Spring Pop-Up Shop in DTLA. SATURDAY
8. [FREE] Vincent Price Art Museum: Exploring the World of Giant Robot opening reception. SATURDAY
9. [FREE] 6th Annual Kite Festival at Ascot Hills Park. SUNDAY
10. [FREE] 2nd Annual Long Beach Zine Fest. SUNDAY
5 MORE Things…
Here are 5 other things to do this weekend that may not be under $10 but still are worth knowing about:
- MONSTERPALOOZA in Pasadena. FRIDAY-SUNDAY
- Broke LA Music & Arts Festival in DTLA. SATURDAY ($10 via Goldstar)
- 4th Annual Pasadena Brewfest. SATURDAY
- 4th Annual Feast of Thrones. SATURDAY
- Dutch King’s Day on the Santa Monica Pier. SUNDAY
If you want a more complete rundown, check Christina’s weekend roundup that was posted up yesterday morning or check out our discount events page for more savings.
And of course, make sure to sign-up for our email list so you’re always in the loop regarding happenings around the city.