Every week in Los Angeles there are tons of great things to do (even before the weekend gets started) that we think you ought to have on your radar. With that in mind, we put together a list every Monday morning to keep you in the know about what’s happening in the city you love (or maybe just like).
This week, from Monday, Mar. 27 to Friday, Mar. 31, features chamber music at Disney Concert Hall, the 329 Carnival, the Slurring Bee, the Last Book Review, WonderCon and LOTS more.
Remember you can always go to our L.A. events calendar page to get an updated rundown of what’s happening around the city.
Hope you find the rundown useful and, as always, enjoy your week!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundown sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program.]
Keep in mind that while we retain complete editorial control of our content, for some of the ticketing options provided we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links.
Monday March 27th, 2017
1. Come out to Angel City Brewery for a couple of beers and Drinky Draw (8-10 p.m.) where you try your hand at drawing a live model. Cost $20 to participate.
2. The 19th Annual Film Noir Festival at the Egyptian Theatre Hollywood will take place March 24 through April 2.
3. Catch L.A.’s longest running weekly burlesque show Monday Night Tease at Three Clubs in Hollywood on Mondays. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
4. Hot Tub With Kurt And Kristen at The Virgil is one of the most popular weekly variety shows happening on a Monday in Los Angeles.
5. The Alchemist’s Lab is an escape room experience putting you right in the shoes of a junior detective at Scotland Yard in the 19th century. Do you have what it takes to uncover the devious plans of the alchemist? Happening throughout the week. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
6. On the Lot in Los Feliz returns to the parking lot at Our Mother of Good Counsel Parish for a Monday-night array of gourmet food trucks from 5:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
7. The Business LA is a free comedy show at Little Joy featuring some of the best local comics in town. FREE
Tuesday March 28th, 2017
8. The Chamber Music Nights series at Walt Disney Concert Hall (March 28) is the perfect evening. Guests will have a chance to taste delicious wines, explore the iconic Frank Gehry architecture and indulge in some world-class chamber music.
9. Disney’s Beauty and the Beast will screen at the El Capitan Theatre with special pre-show activities including a light show, an all-new Beauty and the Beast overture arranged by Michael Kosarin and costumes, props and sets from the movie. Happening throughout the week. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
10. The #1 show in Vegas history comes to L.A. LIVE for a limited engagement. Absinthe, the immersive variety show will feature comedy, burlesque, aerial and acrobatic acts. Happening throughout the week. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
11. The Alternative Facts Comedy Show is hosted by the JB and Benny Blue Review and will have some of the best in comedy take the stage as well as Music by DJ Hydroe the proceeds will go to Amnesty International in support of Standing Rock. Tickets are just $10.
12. The Lincoln presents “For the Record,” a weekly series where guests bring in their own vinyl for a unique DJ set from 7 p.m. to 2 a.m. This week’s theme is Garage + Psych with DJ Jordan Blackmon (Toro y Moi guitarist). FREE
Wednesday March 29th, 2017
13. The 329 Day Carnival comes to Golden Road Brewery in Atwater Village celebrating California’s sunny weather –on average, we enjoy 329 days of sunshine per year. 329 Lager brewed on 3/29 and pints of 329 will sell for just $3.29 that day. There will also be awesome fair food, games, a photo booth, live music, face painting, specialty beer and yes, balloon animals. FREE
14. Does Art Capture Reality Better Than the News? Head to The Getty Center for an in-depth conversation with photographer and documentarian Jamel Shabazz and “The Wire” creator and journalist David Simon as part of Zocalo Public Square. FREE
15. Every Wednesday in March, Glendale Arts is offering FREE early-evening yoga classes in the forecourt of Glendale’s historic Alex Theatre. The classes are taught by Spiral Path Yoga Center. FREE
16. Every Wednesday night is Drag Queen Bingo at Hamburger Mary’s in West Hollywood. It’s a comedic event featuring transgender hosts, celebrity guests, and fabulous prizes.
17. The Slurring Bee makes its way to The Virgil this Wednesday for a bar spelling bee where participants pay $5 to compete, take a first Slurring Bee Shot and spell. From there on it keeps going until a queen or king bee is crowned. Winner receives half the pot, bee-themed prizes and their picture immortalized on The Slurring Bees Wall of Fame, plus automatic placement in the Tournament of Champions!
18. The GRAMMY Museum celebrates the 10th anniversary of Record Store Day (April 22) by hosting a special panel discussion and performance with Matt Costa and Korey Dane. FREE
19. On Wednesday,The Paley Center for Media in Beverly Hills will host a special advance screening and conversation with the cast and creative team of Prison Break.
Thursday March 30th, 2017
20. YogaGlo will host a special yoga class to support Love Your Brain’s #mindfulmarch — the largest global fundraising initiative during brain injury awareness month this Thursday at their Santa Monica studio. Suggested donation is $21 and YogaGlo will match each donation. **editor’s note** this event was originally listed for Wed., March 29 but actually takes place on Thursday, Marc 30. Apologies for any confusion!
21. Experience the food and culture of East Hollywood’s ethnic neighborhoods through a four hour foodie tour this Thursday. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
22. Throwback Thursdays at NoHo cinema screens Blade Runner this week. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
23. Free admission days this Thursday for: Japanese American National Museum (from 5 to 8 p.m.), MOCA Grand & MOCA Geffen (from 5 to 8 p.m.), Skirball Cultural Center and Long Beach Museum of Art (3 to 8 p.m.)
Friday March 31st, 2017
24. The Last Book Review returns to The Last Bookstore in Downtown Los Angeles. Join host Ever Mainard and five comedians as they tell their own personal, funny and often awkward story on stage. The last comedian will then take the audience through a book review. FREE
25. The Spirit Guild Distillery Tour and Tasting will educate attendees on how fruit and juice from California farms become bottles of gin, vodka, and other spirits. This hour-long, hands-on event includes a tour of the working craft distillery and a taste of the finished products. Tickets are just $10.
26. WonderCon returns to Anaheim Convention Center March 31 through April 2 for the ultimate comic book convention weekend also focusing on TV, film, animation, and more.
27. Every Friday in March Greenbar Distillery in Downtown Los Angeles will host cocktail classes featuring seasonal and themed drinks. This week’s theme is Seasonal Produce Cocktails using rum, whiskey and vodka.
28. There is a public opening reception (7-10 p.m.) for a new series of artwork by painter Andru Sisson titled Black Privilege, at the Tappan Atelier this Friday. FREE
29. Second City Tours reveals the dark side of the famed Hollywood Boulevard. The walking tour, led by an informed guide will take you through ghostly crime scenes and spooky landmarks. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
Want to get our to-do lists straight to your inbox every week? Sign up for our email program.
Have an upcoming event you’d like suggest for listing? Drop us a line at email@example.com.