You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for Thursday, February 1, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] Check out the brand new Batman ’66 retrospective at the Hollywood Museum. Highlights include original costumes and props from the 60’s T.V. Show, plus four distinct exhibit sections to check out: Wayne Manor, The Batcave, Gallery of Guest Super Villains, and The Collectibles of Batman ‘66. The retrospective continues through March 17.
2. [12:30 p.m.] On Thursdays you can attend free mindful awareness meditations at the Hammer. Participants are welcome to stay for the entire 30-minute session or leave when they choose. FREE
3. [6 p.m.] Chinatown After Dark going down at Far East Plaza happens every first Thursday of the month and is a testing ground for chefs in our city as well as a place to enjoy local music.
4. [7 p.m.] This Thursday you can catch a free showing of In this Corner of the World, a nominee the 45th Annie Awards for Best Independent Feature. The screening takes place James Bridges Theater on the campus of UCLA at 7 p.m. Movie to be followed by Q&A with the film’s director.
5. [8 p.m.] Live Talks Los Angels hosts David Frum in conversation with Larry Wilmore at the Jerry Moss Theater.
6. [8 p.m.] Cabaret at the La Mirada Theatre for the Performing Arts. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
7. [8 p.m.] Rockwell: Table & Stage presents the Unauthorized Musical Parody of Jurassic Park. Happening Thursday and Friday. (DISCOUNTED) via Goldstar
8. [8 p.m.] Lewis Black: I Have No Friends at Largo.
9. [8:30 p.m.] Head to Angel City Brewery for LOL’s and cold beer when Last Laugh Comedy celebrates their one year anniversary this Thursday.
10. [various] Free admission at: Japanese American National Museum (from 5 to 8 p.m.), MOCA Grand & MOCA Geffen (from 5 to 8 p.m.), Skirball Cultural Center (noon to 5 p.m.) and Long Beach Museum of Art (3 to 8 p.m.) FREE
DEAL OF THE DAY: $25 tix to the Museum of Selfies in Glendale (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.