You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for Monday, February 12, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [4 p.m.] Nintendo 64 Tournament at Arts District Brewing Company.
2. [7 p.m.] Write Club Los Angeles at the Bootleg Theater.
3. [7 p.m.] Join Boomtown Brewery for Monday Movie Nights, a new monthly movie screening in their private event space set up with comfy couches, craft beers, popcorn and an option to order from Purgatory Pizza. This week they will screen Startrek Into Darkness. FREE
4. [7:30 p.m] Astronomy on Tap at Der Wolfskopf in Pasadena brings professional astronomers to bars to give informal talks on a variety of scientific topics followed by lots of discussion with guests. And beer!
5. [7:30 p.m.] Bob Roth and David Lynch on the many applications of Transcendental Meditation at The Wilshire Ebell Theater
6. [7:30 p.m.] New York Times best-seller and cultural critic Roxane Gay will hold a reading and discussion at The Hammer this Monday. FREE
7. [8 p.m.] The Improvised Shakespeare Company at Largo.
8. [8:30 p.m.] Monday Night Residency – Jesus Sons at The Echo. FREE
9. [various] The Pan African Film Festival (PAFF) returns to Los Angeles February 8-19. Now in its 26th year, the 12-day festival will showcase over 100 new films and the talented artists who created them.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $3.75 tix to Foodie Con 2018
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.