You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for Tuesday, February 13, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [noon] Fat Tuesday 2018 at The Little Easy in DTLA.
2. [11 a.m.] There’s a Karin O Pop Up Store happening at Virgil Normal this Tuesday. Enjoy live music, exclusive vinyl and customizable tees/totes during this afternoon party.
3. [3 p.m.] Fat Tuesday comes to Amoeba Hollywood with DJs and a parade with masks, beads and musicians starting at 3 p.m. Bring your own horn or percussion and join the parade!
4. [4 p.m.] Be a part of the Second Line Tradition by attending this free Mardi Gras concert by the Mudbug Brass Band at historic Union Station in Downtown Los Angeles. FREE
5. [7 p.m] The J. Paul Getty Museum will host a handful of free events to celebrate the Getty Center’s 20th anniversary, starting with a lecture by Getty Museum Director Timothy Potts this Tuesday. The series will run through May 20. FREE
6. [7:30 p.m.] Salsa Party Gras at ix Tapa Catina in Pasadena
7. [8 p.m.] LA Phil’s All-Beethoven at the Walt Disney Concert Hall.
8. [9 p.m.] Pub Trivia at The Bigfoot Lodge (West).
10. [various] The Pan African Film Festival (PAFF) returns to Los Angeles February 8-19. Now in its 26th year, the 12-day festival will showcase over 100 new films and the talented artists who created them.
DEAL OF THE DAY: You can use the promo code LALOVERS to get a FREE Cocktails for Lovers consultation at Greenbar Distillery (valued over $200) as long as you register this February. Learn more at cocktailsforlovers.com.
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.