You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for Saturday, February 3, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] CoffeeCon happening at The Reef in DTLA February 3-4 features a tasting floor, top coffee experts, tasting seminars and even hands-on brewing labs. Some of the classes from CoffeeCon 2017 included Intro to Grinding, Advanced Espresso, Latte Art, Turkish Coffee and more. Check for discounted tickets up to 50% off on Goldstar before making your purchase.
7. [noon] Smorgasburg Dumpling Day at Santa Anita Park will introduce the most interesting new dumplings in So Cal, from the likes of Workaholic, Brothecary, and more. Tickets cost $30 a person.
8. [noon] Boomtown Brewery will celebrate their three-year anniversary with a free 14-hour party. Stop by beginning at noon and enjoy a brand-new Anniversary Beer, a White Imperial brewed with rose petals and raspberries, plus T-shirt screen printing, a photo booth and food vendors serving food all day.
10. [1 p.m.] BLVD Kitchen in Sherman Oaks will host a little pre-Valentine’s Day celebration where you can meet the BLVD Sweets Artisans, taste some treats and decorate some cookies. The event is free to attend and open to all ages.
2. [1:30 p.m.] FreeFrom will host the Made by a Survivor Valentine’s Day Market this Saturday at Mandala Yoga Center in Santa Monica. Browse and purchase handcrafted gifts made by previous survivors of domestic violence. 100% of proceeds will go directly to survivor-entrepreneurs and their businesses.
4. [4 p.m.] SteelCraft Long Beach will celebrate their one-year anniversary this Saturday with Taste of SteelCraft a mini food festival with live music, a kids’ movie screening at sunset, raffle and more.
5. [4 p.m.] GIRLSCHOOL is a three-day music and ideas festival that includes panels and workshops with female leaders, speakers, educators, activists, and more happening at The Bootleg Theater.
6. [6 p.m.] Wild Party: A Jazz Age Immersive Experience comes to The Masonic Center of Santa Monica this Saturday for an immersive experience in the spirit of 1926. Performances will take place in multiple locations throughout the venue and period attire is encouraged, but not required.
9. [7 p.m.] Passion Pit comes to the Belasco.
3. [7:30 p.m.] In honor of Black History Month, Witness: The John Edgar Wideman Experience is coming to Forest Lawn Hollywood Hills for a free performance of stories by one of the America’s premier fiction writers that examine the African-American experience with the aid of hip hop and other music. FREE
DEAL OF THE DAY: $10 tix for a Headliner Show at the Comedy Store this Saturday (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.