You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for Sunday, February 4, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] Dog Yoga at the Dog Cafe on Virgil.
2. [10 a.m.] CoffeeCon happening at The Reef in DTLA February 3-4 features a tasting floor, top coffee experts, tasting seminars and even hands-on brewing labs. Some of the classes from CoffeeCon 2017 included Intro to Grinding, Advanced Espresso, Latte Art, Turkish Coffee and more. Check for discounted tickets up to 50% off on Goldstar before making your purchase.
3. [10 a.m.] Vegan Street Fair, Eat Drink Vegan, and Smorgasburg LA join forces to bring you the first annual Super Vegan Sunday. Smorgasburg will transform into a vegan food haven with vendors offering special tons of vegan options
4. [11 a.m.] The Great Rock and Roll Flea Market will take over The Regent Theater in DTLA with an impressive selection of vintage collectors, antiquities dealers, vintage clothing, jewelry makers, music memorabilia, vinyl, local food vendors, food trucks, craftsmen and used musical instruments dealers. FREE
5. [11 a.m.] Marfa Book Co. the independent bookstore, publisher, and project space in Marfa, Texas will open its first experimental pop-up at the Institute of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles this Sunday.
6. [11 a.m.] The Hammer presents a family friendly screening of Bugsy Malone. Recommended for ages eight and up, the film is a reimagination of a gangster movie set in the Prohibition-era of Chicago made into a toe-tapping musical with an adorable all-kid cast staring Jodie Foster and Scott Bai. FREE
7. [2 & 7 p.m.] Gilbert and Sullivan’s Pirates of Penzance transforms the Pasadena Playhouse into a playground mixing actors and audience as reimagined by the Chicago theatre hooligans The Hypocrites now playing through February 25. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
8. [4 p.m.] GIRLSCHOOL is a three-day music and ideas festival that includes panels and workshops with female leaders, speakers, educators, activists, and more happening at The Bootleg Theater.
9. [8 p.m.] Patton Oswalt an Friends at Largo.
10. [various] Looking for a place to watch the big game? Check out our round up of Where to Watch the Super Bowl in Los Angeles .
DEAL OF THE DAY: $20 tix for The Great Chinatown Hunt (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.