You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, April 20, 2017.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [7 p.m.] 4/20 Five-Course Lagunitas Dinner at Craft Hill.
2. [7 p.m.] Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams is opening their third scoop shop in Larchmont Village giving away free scoops to the public on April 20, from 7–11 p.m.
3. [7 p.m.] The Venice Art Crawl will host Music Connects Us: Photography & Art Show this Thursday at Runway at Playa Vista. This VAC fundraiser will transform the 3,800 square foot space into an urban art installation with over 70 artists featured!
4. [7 p.m.] Brennan’s Pub in Marina del Rey will be temporarily closing their doors at the end of April, and to mark the hiatus they are throwing an “End of an Era” celebration on Thursday, which will of course include their signature turtle races.
5. [7 p.m.] The Dave Chappelle and Neal Brennan cult classic stoner comedy Half Baked will screen at The Wiltern this Thursday for 420 night. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
6. [8 p.m.] Every third Thursday of the month head to the Queen Mary’s Observation Bar for Local Band Hangout night.
7. [8 p.m.] The Rockwell Table & Stage presents The Unauthorized Musical Parody of Mean Gurlz. Relive the catty girl-clique “The Plastics” through song and dance. The show has been selling out to great acclaim. Happening Thursday and Friday. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
8. [8 p.m.] Lifted & Gifted 420: A Cannabis Tasting & Dinner Pairing in DTLA.
9. [9 p.m.] Festival M.A.R.S. (Music & Arts ReSound) continues tonight at Art Share LA.
10. [various] Free admission days this Thursday for: Japanese American National Museum (from 5 to 8 p.m.), MOCA Grand & MOCA Geffen (from 5 to 8 p.m.), Skirball Cultural Center and Long Beach Museum of Art (3 to 8 p.m.)
DEAL OF THE DAY: $20 to see WERD: Music and Activism With Shepard Fairey, Perry Farrell, Shirley Manson & John Densmore at Ace Hotel Theatre (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.