You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, June 10, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [5 a.m.] Check out the Rose Bowl Flea Market — one of the most beloved markets of its type this Sunday.Taking place at the Rose Bowl on the second Sunday of each month, the flea market features a staggering 2500-plus vendors and 20,000 shoppers.
2. [11 a.m.] The L.A. Pride Festival returns to West Hollywood (June 9-10) with a two-day festival featuring performances from Kehlani, Tove Lo and more at West Hollywood Park. This year’s Pride parade (free to attend) takes place on Sunday, June 10 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Santa Monica Blvd in West Hollywood.
3. [noon] One Colorado in Pasadena will host a free fathers day photo session from noon to 2 p.m. FREE
4. [2 p.m.] Sunday Sessions, at Grand Park, is a celebration of Los Angeles House music. Highlighting music and dance culture the kick off event will feature Afro Funke’s 15 Year Anniversary featuring Jeremy Sole, Glenn Red, Rocky Dawuni and special guests. FREE
5. [3 p.m.] The LA Phil presents the Playboy Jazz Festival at the Hollywood Bowl June 9-10. Hosted by comedian and actor George Lopez, performers include Anthony Hamilton, Roy Gaines, Jazmine Sullivan, the Count Basie Orchestra, Tower of Power and more. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
6. [4 p.m.] Shakespeare’s most magical play, A Midsummer Night’s Dream returns to the Will Geer Theatricum Botanicum in Topanga Canyon for 12 performances throughout the summer, from June 3-September 3.
7. [5 p.m.] Take a free dance lesson with famed dance veteran Debbie Allen every second Sunday of every month now through August at The Wallis in Beverly Hills. This month she will lead an African Dance class. FREE
8. [6 p.m.] Mid City West 15th Anniversary Movie Night screens Moana. FREE
9. [8 p.m.] Rogue Artists Ensemble’s Wood Boy Dog Fish, a ‘hyper-theater’ production that uses puppetry, masks, and technology, at the Garry Marshall Theater.
10. [various] Venues such as 2nd Stage, Hudson Theatres, The Broadwater and the Underground Annex Theater will host comedy, ensemble theatre, dance and many more performances during the annual Hollywood Fringe Festival from June 7-24.
DEAL OF THE DAY: FREE tix to Dew Fest (skating, music, and art) at the Long Beach Convention Center(via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.