You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, June 12, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9:30 a.m.] There’s no better place to explore the history of our city than inside Becoming Los Angeles, the Natural History Museum’s newly revamped (and just reopened) exhibit that details the culture, events, geography, movements, art, and diverse peoples that have shaped the city of angels.
2. [10 a.m.] 260 Sample Sale LA in Beverly Hills will host a Marc Jacobs sample sale from June 12-17 with women’s and men’s clothing, accessories, Little Marc and special items at up to 85% off retail price.
3. [7 p.m.] Mr. C’s Poolside Cinema is back for the fifth year in a row. From June 5 through August 28 Angelenos can indulge in a luxury outdoor movie experience by the pool with a Cipriani menu, classic movie snacks and mini bottles of Moët & Chandon Champagne. Top Gun will be screened this week.
4. [8 p.m.] Catch Tom Hanks, Joe Morton, and a star-studded cast in a production of Henry the IV presented by Shakespeare Center of Los Angeles at The Japanese Garden on the West Los Angeles VA Campus, Henry IV
5. [8 p.m.] Live Talks Los Angeles presents Mark Seliger with Judd Apatow at the Ann and Jerry Moss Theater.
6. [various] Free admission at: Los Angeles County Museum of Art (also free for L.A. County residents with valid I.D. after 3:00pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays all month long) and Autry Museum of the American West.
7. [various] It’s Rhône Valley Vineyards Restaurant Weeks in L.A. from June 4-18. Participating restaurants include 71 Above, Kali, Nomad, Redbird, Spring and more. Each will highlight Rhône Valley wines by the glass, in flights and in pairings for the two weeks.
8. [various] June is California Avocado Month and Grand Central Market in DTLA is the place to be for all things avocado. A select group of chefs have rolled out avocado inspired offerings on their menu just for the month.
9. [various.] Grand Park will host Big L.A. Portrait Gallery from June 7 to July 4, transforming itself into a nighttime art gallery featuring photos by Los Angeles-based artists. Photography will be projected onto the 100 square-foot wall of the historic L.A. County Hall of Records right in front of Grand Park. Art will be on display nightly from sundown to midnight and is free to the public. FREE
10. [various] Venues such as 2nd Stage, Hudson Theatres, The Broadwater and the Underground Annex Theater will host comedy, ensemble theatre, dance and many more performances during the annual Hollywood Fringe Festival from June 7-24.
DEAL OF THE DAY: Get $7.50 tix to CatCon LA (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.