You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, August 12, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] BrunchCon at The Reef in Downtown Los Angeles (August 12-13) is brunching in a convention literally! For its second year the event will roll out a brand-new format that includes six open mimosa bars (along with other brunch cocktails) and one tasting from each vendor with over 50 vendors, you might leave in a food coma. Make sure to use promo code WELIKELA to save $5 on your ticket purchase!
2. [9 a.m.] CatCon 2017 at Pasadena Convention Center on August 12 and 13 is a feline-centric event set up like a “comic-con for cat lovers.”
3. [noon] The inaugural BoldPas: An Art Takeover of Old Pasadena takes over the historic alleys of Old Pasadena for a one-day event showcasing professional and up-and-coming LA-area artists’ site-specific installations. FREE
4. [noon] Malibu Country Mart will host their annual Summer Block Party this weekend transforming the popular shopping destination into a colorful street fair with fun activities for all ages and complimentary treats like ice-cream sandwiches, shaved ice, fruit slushies, coffee floats offered on site. FREE
5. [noon] Sundance NEXT FEST returns to the Theatre at Ace Hotel (August 10-13) with some of the best up and coming films alongside food, drinks, games and live music in DTLA.
6. [noon] 30th Annual Long Beach Jazz Festival heads to Rainbow Lagoon Park August 11-13 for three sunny days of jazz, food and oceanside fun.
7. [1 p.m.] Thrillist Taco Knockout in Downtown Los Angeles taking place at Lot 613 in DTLA is the “ultimate taco party” featuring tacos from Mexikosher, Aqui Es Texcoco, Slapfish and more. Tickets cost $35 and gets you eight tacos, cervezas and more.
8. [2 p.m.] Hershey Felder’s Our Great Tchaikovsky at The Wallis. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. [6 p.m.] Enjoy the ballet and a stellar view of Downtown Los Angeles when the American Contemporary Ballet presents MUSIC + DANCE+ LA II a night of dance, views 32 stories up high and more. Happening August 10 to 13.
10. [6 p.m.] The Rooftop Cinema Series returns to Pasadena with free movie screenings featuring a DJ and family-friendly activities. This weekend they will screen Top Gun on the roof of Corporate Center Pasadena. FREE
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.