You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, September 13, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [noon] The LA County Fair takes over the Fairplex in Pomona from Sep. 1-24 with fair-style foods, live musical performances, carnival-style games, rides, and unique attractions such as an expanded farm section (over five acres) featuring tons of interactive agricultural experiences for guests to enjoy. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
2. [5 p.m.] Donate a little time and effort to Burrito Project LA. FREE
3. [6 p.m.] CET City Rising and The California Endowment present a free screening event and discussion of a documentary examining gentrification called CITY RISING. RSVP is required. FREE
4. [7:30 p.m.] Live Gypsy Jazz & Swing at Angel City Brewery. FREE
5. [8 p.m.] Radio Picture Show , a monthly storytelling event, is back at The Virgil this week with tales inspired by songs and images.
6. [8 p.m.] Grand Central Market’s Horse Thief BBQ will screen Wizard of OZ on their patio this Wednesday. FREE
7. [8:30 p.m.] London-based radio station NTS takes over the Upstairs Bar at Ace Hotel this Wednesday night. FREE
8. [9 p.m.] Dub Club at Echoplex.
9. [9:30 p.m.] The Underground Jazz Sessions at the Continental Club. FREE
10. [various] Get a peek into the Fall TV season during the 11th annual PaleyFest Fall TV Previews Sept. 6-16. Located in Beverly Hills The Paley Center for Media will play host to the ten-day festival featuring some of the most anticipated shows both new and old, as well as star-studded panel discussions with series cast and creatives.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $29.99 tix to Knott’s Scary Farm
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.